Today you may hear about various strategies in SEO that offer tremendous results. Some strategies really work, providing customers with better position in listings and some may be just a waste of time. There's one universal strategy that includes, roughly, adding content rich in keywords.
When search engine robot reaches your website, it pays attention to many details that are better kept in order.
- Use right titles. Make a description of your website using just 5-8 words. Then try to remove fillers (words like "and", "the", etc). Make sure your title reflects website theme and contains your keywords. Title is the first thing that is picked by search engines, so it's like your identity.
- Add META tag descriptions. Meta is not displayed for users, but it's scanned by robots. Write a short description of website, just 2-3 sentences. Try to add keywords that are then better doubled in page's text content for improving results.
- Don't be lazy to use H1, H2, H3>header tags. Your headers should contain keywords that need to be marked with header tags. This is particularly important for first paragraph that is the most important in your text. Also you may consider putting your keywords in ALT or COMMENT tags.
- Make several pages for particular keywords. Do not put all your keywords and all content in one page. Try to use your index page for "promoting" your main keyword and maybe 1-2 extra keywords. Make separate pages for other keywords, adding them to titles and in text. These pages will definitely make search engines rank your website higher as you will provide more targeted than general content.
- Do not forget to submit URL to search engines. All search engines have "Add your URL" link that allows manually add your website to search engine database. After you do this, search engine's robot will soon visit your website and index it. There's no need finding numerous search engines and adding your website to al of them. Select several most popular ones and make sure they index you. Other search engines use feed content and they will find you automatically.
- Try to become listed in key directories. They are very important, especially popular ones like Dmoz that is overseen by human editors, but is absolutely free. This directory provides feeds to all major search engines and posts a link to your website from its hierarchical directory that is valued high by Google.
- Try to exchange links with other websites. Find website that provide content similar or close to yours. Contact webmasters and suggest exchanging links. Then make a "Links" page on your website and put your links there. Usually not all webmasters respond, but it's still worth efforts.