There are many on-site and off-site priorities in 2016.
As for on-site priorities:
- social technical structure and user navigation;
- logical information architecture;
- internal linking;
- seamless mobile responsive design;
- structured data mark-up;
- local identifiers;
- regular, newsworthy stories;
- consistent, through leading content;
- engagement focal points;
- application of visible trust signals.
As for off-site priorities:
- spend a great deal of time networking and building relationships;
- leverage your network to acquireguest post opportunities;
- focus on acquiring a combination of branded and mid-to-long-tail anchors;
- concentrate on gaining reviews;
- ensure NAPs are consistent;
- get active on authoritative blog and forum commenting;
- push forward with those social signals;
- give testimonials everywhere it makes sense to;
- create outstanding infographics with can be distributed;
- syndicate press releases through press distribution platforms.