Are you fed up with exhausting everyday content creation routine that results in poor visits to your website? Do you want to get more traffic from social media and build your list faster? Then here's a simple method to help you. It doesn't involve any cash investment or hard work.
Forget about writing an article per day for your blog until you become a leader in your industry. Instead - curate videos or audios relevant to your business.
1. Find well-known people in your niche who make useful videos. Make sure they've got a lot of Twitter followers and Facebook fans and there's pretty decent buzz around them, many talk about them and like their stuff. But don't choose top gurus who are literally everywhere.
2. Grab their YouTube video that you've enjoyed and embed it in your blog post. I recommend you use Embed.ly for professional curation. It's totally free. You'll display the video in a good looking interactive widget within your post by copy-pasting the embed code into Wordpress.
3. Write an insightful commentary on the video. It shouldn't be a long text. 200-300 words is enough. Put it around the video, include a nice relevant picture at the beginning of the blog post.
4. Publish this post in an excluded category on your blog as you don't wanna mix your own content with one created by others because you're into building your own brand. Use category excluder plugin for Wordpress for this purpose.
5. Insert a subscription form at the bottom of the post to build your list. Offer a good freebie to get sign-ups. Be sure it's relevant to the video in your post.
6. Share this blog post on Twitter mentioning the author of the video or company that made it. If this is a video podcast show with guests, mention all guests, be sure you don't add the title of that video to your tweet, compose a unique one instead. Also, use their hashtags to have more traffic.
7. The same way share it on Facebook, Google Plus, Linkedin and other places.
Mentions work wonders in social media. For example with currently under 100 followers on Twitter I get 20-100 visits from a single tweet where I announce a curated video. This is an awesome system, guys, believe it or not. You don't have to create your own content, just make a commentary, you build your list fast and make money selling affiliate products and services to your email subscribers.
Tell me what you think, ask questions, I'm here to help you