Who remembers Altavista ?

Started by bigzee, 05-02-2010, 04:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

kustifranti

I don't remember Altavista yet being that very much loved among the majority. From what I can recall, it's primary attest was that it discovered many number of locales. Presently, their outcomes that touched base from client catchphrases were any enhanced than others is questionable.

Yippee is in all likelihood the site whose web index ought to have been improving today. A Lot of individuals used their device back in nowadays.

SeoDezin

In mid 1990 Altavista was my favorite Search Engine and in 1989 and onwards Google started gaining popularity and now Altavista is not on the screen but Google is the most prominent search engine.

amayajace

I don't remember Altavista yet being that very much loved among the majority. From what I can recall, it's primary attest was that it discovered many number.

RuskinF

Some might say that Altavista died, But that is not true.
Altavista was brought by Yahoo and the code of Altavista still survives as part of Yahoo code.
This is all that is known about Altavista.
It was a great search engine.

Ensafeindia

AltaVista was a Web search engine established in 1995. It became one of the most-used early search engines, but lost ground to Google and was purchased by Yahoo! in 2003, which retained the brand, but based all AltaVista searches on its own search engine.

Lishmalinyjames

U.S. AltaVista was a Web search engine established in 1995. It became one of the most-used early search engines, but lost ground to Google and was purchased by Yahoo! in 2003, which retained the brand, but based all AltaVista searches on its own search engine.

davilama2682

I remember AltaVista. I used it a few times. Damn, I can't remember what search engine I used prior to that. I don't believe it was Yahoo because I did not like Yahoo search engine. I am mad that I cannot remember. Netscape was a browser but there was another search engine I used to use.
  •  

Lishmalinyjames

All of the search technology that had been built up under the AltaVista brand was absorbed into Yahoo search in 2011, just as its search results had been co-opted by Yahoo 15 years earlier.

f1dark

I recollect.
It actually has great alexa, however I believe that there is no sense to get this SE truly now days

f1dark

Nearby web optimization methods help to rank your site in neighborhood web crawlers. They are likewise used to create nearby traffic to your business. Professional resource, characterized advertisements and Google map accommodation are a portion of the nearby web optimization procedures that are utilized to construct your site positioning Google neighborhood.