Which Meta Search Engine do you like ?

Started by Duke, 07-30-2013, 22:57:57

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTopic starter

Yes, right, there are also search engines called "meta search engine". From the article " Metacrawlers and Metasearch Engines " of Chris Sherman on Search Engine Watch I just know the concept of  " meta search engine".

Honestly, however, I don't find what I like in the list including Dogpile, MetaCrawler ... from the article . I want to have one which can pull out results from 3 main engines Google, Bing and Yahoo at the same time and don't need the results to be blended together because I need to know where the results come from for my SEO purpose.

Anyway this article inspired my intention to look for good meta search engines ... I keep looking for ... until googlebye. This one can meet my all needs although it's rather simple. It's OK because I just need a simple one.

In the process of finding I also noticed another engine -- Forum Search Engine, boardreader and omgili are the biggest two. They're great tools to search in forums.

Do you know and use meta search engines ? And which one ? Your thoughts pls.
  •  

TomClarke

Here is a list of meta-search engines that query numerous  other websites to satisfy an end-user's request:
- WebCrawler;
- Dogpile;
- Info.com;
- Zapmeta;
- Excite;
- IxQuick;
- Zoo;
- Search.com;
- Yippy.com;
- Mamma.com

LyzLauren

I guess webcrawler is the commonly use meta search engine.
Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine, that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches.

Kate Evans

What about Turbo Scout? It is probably the biggest meta search engine out there as it grabs information from other meta search engine like iThaki, Mamma, etc. So you can search for web, images, news, products, blogs etc. using it.

MaryGreen

AS for me, I like WebCrawler! This is a metasearch engine that blends the top search results from Google Search and Yahoo! Search. WebCrawler also provides users the option to search for images, audio, video, news, yellow pages and white pages.

pablohunt2812

People, the original posted asked about META SEARCH ENGINES.

Please don't post irrelevant replies.
If you don't know what a meta search engine is, then please do not post but stick to reading. Thank you.

damponting44

A meta search engine doesn't have a database of indexed pages of its own. Instead it "sends a user's query to multiple search engines and blends the top results from each into one overall list.

rabindra

Really this is the first time i'm seeing this word of meta search engine. Thanks for sharing the good website details for the more information.

damponting44

Being in Search Engine Marketing, you may want to know how meta-search engines work, so here's a good reference source for you.
https://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/10-meta-search-engines-reviewed-and-compared.html

kustifranti

Wikipedia defines a meta-search engine as a search engine that sends user requests to several other search engines and databases and aggregates the results into a single list or displays them according to their source.

MetaCrawler – Uses innovative metasearch technology to search the Internet's top search engines, including Google, Yahoo! Search, MSN Search, Ask Jeeves, About, MIVA, LookSmart and more. Search refinement available.
Dogpile -Puts the power [of] all the leading search engines together in one search box to deliver the best-combined results. Toolbar download available.
Mamma – "The mother of all search engines" – a discount and coupon code search engine.
IxQuick – "The world's most powerful metasearch engine," includes universal power search, global search, and search refinement. Toolbar download available.
kartOO – A visual meta search engine that instead of showing up traditional search results pages, displays a graphical map of search results. Honestly, I don't get the point.
Ithaki – Search various search engines and ranks results based on an internal ranking system.
Seekz – A parallel web search engine that queries many of the Internet's top search engines and displays results in groups with the most relevant website appearing first. Removes duplicate results as well.
iBoogie – Puts documents with similar content or with related topics into the same group. Each group is assigned a label based on the content of the documents.
Zuula – Provides search unaltered search results from various search engines giving users the chance to check them first before going to results from individual search engines. And it even remembers which search engine you have been to so you can easily switch back and forth. Sponsored links are separated.
inCrawler – A metasearch engine and a web directory in one. Works like your traditional search portal where categories are displayed upfront just below the search toolbox.
WindSeek – Pulls results from many of the major search engines simultaneously with lightning speed and accuracy.
Seek2Day – Gathers results from 17 different major search engines and in a very quick way decides which information is most relevant to the user. The results are then presented in a comprehensive format.