Suggestions on how to be famous on facebook

Started by apexis, 03-13-2014, 02:22:49

Previous topic - Next topic

apexisTopic starter

Contests can be good I guess. Problem I see with it is that many people look for them just to win something, anything. They are less likely to be interested in your offers and thus less likely to become customers. But give it a try. You'll need to advertise this contest but I get the feeling you don't want to spend money on this. It would however be the best approach if you do such a contest.

Offer something for free. Not a contest and give away a camera a month kind of thing but a free ebook. Something like "how to take great pictures" or "care of your camera". These can be passed to others, in other words, viral. Builds your brand and you (or your business) becomes famous (well-known), at least in that circle. Again, this needs to be advertised to some extent.

If you really want to become famous personally, say something controversial. This happened to me in a Facebook baseball-related page not long ago. It was just an opinion, but someone actually wrote back saying they were incensed and would tell my boss (I work part-time at local stadium). I was famous in that small circle for my baseball knowledge and insight and now more so for this one line I wrote.

damponting44

The problem is that Facebook guards updates and doesn't automatically show everything to everyone. The algorithm that determines how many people get to see a post is called EdgeRank and it pretty much is a black box. Nobody knows exactly what will make something go viral on Facebook. However, there are a few things you can put on your checklist to significantly improve your chances to become popular.