Website with www or without www?

Started by stonewood, 07-17-2014, 05:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

It depends on your choice to run a site over the internet with www or not with www. So there is an option given in your Cpanel about how is your domain name that you want to run it. It your domain is too long then it will be beneficial for you not to use www and if it is short enough then you can use it.

Gadsubone

A website can have any valid fully qualified domain name.It does not matter if you have www in the URL or not, as long as you use the same URL always
  •  

scottalexander

Using www  makes you more prepared to handle the challenges of growing a web site beyond a single server. It can be done without using www in many circumstances, but it's much easier with.
When it comes to seo services in UAE [nofollow] there is one company that can provide you beyond the boundaries.
  •  

nehabisht

This is canonical issue and you need to fix your website with www, but first you need to check your website urls, what type of urls indexed in google with www or without www.
  •  

TomClarke

I think that you can use whichever you like! In the past, www prefix was preserred in order to distinguish web servers from ftp and other servers. In the present, nobody really cares about that anymore. And it will be still good to accept both with and without www prefix.

mylofu

These are the two version of website you can choose either www or without www. You have to select one as your main url, From search engine point of view Google treat these as two different url have same content, best way to resolve is to redirect to single url.

bhaskardas

Quote from: stonewood on 07-17-2014, 05:37:53
I want to start my new kitchen website. My question is Url with www or without www which one is better? Are they indicating different website or same? If my site opens on both urls ie. with www and without www then will it be Url duplication? Will my backlink traffic be divided on 2 different Url Paths? Please help me to solve this issue.
Thanks.

Choosing www or non www option is not an issue or will not give you priority but you cant choose both at the same time. Coz Google read only single domain and if they find both www and non www definitely will get confused and stop looking your website.

damponting44

You can include "www." before the area name and all is fine. Your space name does exclude the "www" - that part of an address is known as the sub-area. It focuses to an organizer on your site. Your site ought to likewise react with a similar substance when a client sorts www.example.com, in light of the fact that the www. prefix is extremely basic and numerous clients will accept they should give it.