Can We Improve Google Local Listing Ranking?

Started by axissoftech, 08-14-2014, 05:14:10

Previous topic - Next topic

axissoftechTopic starter

Hello Friends,

I want some information about Google local listing ranking? Can anybody tell me about how to improve Google Local Listing ranking. Please give us some tips to get local listing ranking.

Thanks for help....
  •  

zanuda

Have you already got a contact page with postal address on it? Did you add google-map there? Have you got your region mentioned on some other pages of your site?

Shruti Jain

I know that if you will visit Google map, and get some details from there, then you can easily improve Google local listing ranking.Using up-to-date contact information, physical address information, operation hours and photos on your Google Places account In the business title, you can also use products or service based keywords..
  •  

JanviArora

Getting into 3 pack results of Google is very beneficial for Local SEO and to get more traffic. Here are some factors you need to focus on to improve your GMB listing results -
1. Update your business information in Google My Business page to enhance your presence in search and maps.
2. If your location is not verified yet, get it verified ASAP.
3. Keep your business hours accurate including special hours and holidays.
4. Try to get more reviews from your customers and respond them on regular basis.
5. Add photos of your business as well as products/services. It will help customers/visitors to understand what your business offers.
6. Make sure that you have added your business in best suited category.
7. Your business contact number must be accurate and updated if it is changed.
These points will surely make your Local SEO strong and help you rank higher in Google 3 Pack results.
For more information on SEO, check out our organic seo services company
  •  

Rattan11

Here I am sharing with you some major tips with you to improve your local listing:
1. Put Your Main Keywords in the GMB Business Name.
This is a relatively large ranking factor when it comes to improving your Google Maps ranking. Some people think it's so people can find the local company they are looking for. For example, when someone types in "Joe's Roofing Company in San Diego" they probably already know they want to reach Joe and are simply looking for his information/website. Because companies naturally use keywords in their business names, Google may show a business for a high ticket money keyword simply because they think the customer typing in that keyword is trying to find that company's information. Although this is a tiny bit spammy and grey hat, it is something to consider because you may be fighting an uphill battle against your competition if they are already utilizing this method.

2. Make Sure Your Categories Are Correct and Max Them Out
Sometimes, the GMB categories may not perfectly fit every business. Make sure your primary category is matched up as close as possible with the main keyword(s) that you're trying to rank. A good way to do this is to type your main keyword plus various big city names into Google and copy the most commonly ranking ones. Also, make sure to max out the secondary categories with relatable categories. This can help increase your impressions for other keywords.

3. Build Niche and Local Related Citations

A big aspect of local SEO includes building niche and local relevance via on-page and off-page optimizations. For off-page, one way to do this is to build niche and local citations. One example of a local citation would be the local chamber of commerce's website. An example of a niche relevant citation would be a roofing contractor directory. You can help these citations get indexed by linking out to them from your site, putting them through the Google mobile-friendly testing tool, or sending them to an indexing service. Remember, they are pretty much worthless for SEO if they don't get indexed by Google.

sder34

I know that if you will visit Google map, and get some details from there, then you can easily improve Google local listing ranking.Using up-to-date contact information, physical address information, operation hours and photos on your Google Places account In the business title, you can also use products or service based keywords..i need some more ideas which we can easily make more helpful
https://essaycaptains.com/
  •  

vallam

Keep information about your business in GMB clean and up-to-date. Make sure you have stated your contacts, address, working hours, photos etc.
  •  

Vedikaledange

We can improve Local listing by following these steps.

First, you need to optimize your page.
Enter your business title as it appears to customers in the real world.

Choose categories describe what your business is, not what it does or sells. You can choose primary category and additional categories.
1.Provide an accurate business address - important so your business shows up in the right place on Google.
2.Add accurate working hours
3.Add special hours - hours for days when your business has an irregular schedule
4.Add phone numbers (extremely important for local and small businesses like auto repair shops that you actually answer :) )
5.Add the link to your website
6.Add a link to your appointment page
6.Add a link to your Menu page - the page where people can see what you're offering.
7.Add details about accessibility, for example a wheelchair accessible entrance (if any).
8.Add details about amenities, like mechanic, restroom, unisеx restroom..
9.Add offering, like oil change
10.Add photos
You can add photos as the owner, showing your logo, interior, exterior, but also videos, 360 photos and photos of your products. But what new is that your customers can upload photos of your business, too. Have that in mind!
11.Check if your business is live on Google (Maps and Search)
In case it's not visible, you need to claim it and verify your page
That's it when it comes to optimizing your page!

Ranking on Google Maps is essential for small businesses like CRS Automotive, auto repair shop and luxury & sport vehicles dealership.
This shop is located in the area with too many shops, a highly competitive neighborhood, and Google My Business helped me get them to the first place in Google Maps.

Why is it essential?
When people search for auto repair service, for example, they call repair shops which they find in that small box on Google Maps, showing the first 10 best ranking ones. In reality, only the first 4 get calls. Or even 3. Google My Business became really important for ranking on Google Maps, pay attention to it.

12.Get reviews
Encourage people to give you reviews. Don't chase only positive reviews, let people be realistic and honest. Personally, I don't trust businesses with all positive reviews. And make sure you answer to every single review.

How long the post lasts and how often you should post?
Post last 7 days, but post daily. The more frequently you post, the better.
What kind of content you should post?
Post fresh, new things from your company, such as special offers, events.. What's also working is posting photos of your facility inviting people to come over.
Add a CTA, whether it's event, offer, buy or learn more. That;s how you get people to actually visit the link you want them to visit.

NOTE: People often take for granted little things, like the working hours, special offers like free coffee, wifi etc. and upcoming changes. This can help you get noticed, those things are actually important for people.

Virogreen

Add Photos to the Listing. One of the easiest ways to stand out on Google Maps is to add a photo to your Google My Business listing. Choose a good photo of your business that's on your website or highlights your business. You can add more than one photo so choose ones that will entice customers to come to your business .

manivel

1. Ask for genuine reviews
2. Optimize Title Tags With Local Keyword
3. Create post regularly
4. Optimize your social profiles
5. Embedded Google Map
6. Optimize for Voice Search
7. Create Content Based on Local News Stories or Events
8. Analyze and monitor your results... more