How to reduce Bounce rate within one month

Started by Roy Milson, 09-15-2014, 07:32:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Val5292

Try to improve your website speed and content,and presentation and layout.
Users can get annoyed at little stuffs like it takes too much time to load your website.
Bad, irrelevant content (they won't give you second chance)
Poor presentation makes them just want to press exit because the content hurts their eyes
Bad fonts, colors, size make everything hard to read.
Buy app installs with https://inad.io/
  •  

admissioninfo123

Please find the below to reduce the bounce rate .. and try these to reduce the bounce rate

The most powerful way to reduce bounce rate is to adjust it by calculating the time spent on a page.
When a visitor converts on your website then his visit should not be counted as bounce even if that visit is a single page visit.
Profit index is a database of all the profitable pages on your website
Stop targeting keywords/marketing channels which are sending low value traffic
Create landing pages which satisfy visitor's query

clapcreative

I have a trick to reduce bounce rate. Paste GA snippet a twice on your website's header and then you will see after 3-4 days your bounce rate will reduce more than 50%

mickeyy

The question you asked is a very loaded one and there is no sure shot one solution to reduce the bounce rate in one month. Reducing bounce rate is nothing but to bolster your visitor's engagement with your site. This starts with attracting the right visitors at the first place that are interested in your services & products. Then, use everything you can to get those visitors to browse more pages, once they visit your site. Use widgets or other thematic menu's on your site and link them with related useful pages on your site. Long story short, give your visitors plenty of opportunities to click & browse to related information within your site.

If your bounce rate is still high, it might mean that you have catchy titles that grabs the attention of your visitors but when they start reading they turn the page off because they don't find anything useful. So streamline your catchy titles with equally useful outcome that your visitors are expecting. Don't just try to monetize your clients, instead engage them & you should see your bounce rate reduce.

reputationplanners

You should put a survey or a subscribe page every time a person is exiting your site.
If your site is a blog site it will have relatively higher bounce rate because of the user will exit your site after having that knowledge that you have put on display.
YOu can also add some internal links on your blog to another blog on the same site. It will also decrease your bounce rate. So make content accordingly.

Dixie

Quote from: Roy Milson on 09-15-2014, 07:32:22
Hello Frnds,

One of my websites has 90% bounce rate. :( I am wondering how to get it lower.

Please advice me with your ideas and experiences.

Thanks a ton.

Most people here only gave you half the answer.
Bounce rate doesnt only have to do with your content on the site. It has to do with the keywords people use to get to your page.

Imagine you try to rank for "how to get high rankings"

When people do a search for "how to get high" your site will pop up! Buy obviously those people are not looking for that site. So they bounce off. Quickly you will not rank for that key phrase. And that is good.

So the moral of the story is that you need to rank for the right keywords. Your content  in this case is not the problem.

infosteve

Quote from: Roy Milson on 09-15-2014, 07:32:22
Hello Frnds,

One of my websites has 90% bounce rate. :( I am wondering how to get it lower.

Please advice me with your ideas and experiences.

Thanks a ton.

Follow these steps :-
1. Find out the list of landing webpage with high bounce rate
2. Update the content on all those page and add some linkbait
3. Now monitor the status of bounce rate and analysis the bounce rate after the changes with the previous bounce rate.

WeBuyHousesInConnecticut

use words that prompt a user to read the next sentence.
Use action headings that are interesting
Hi I am Dixie. How To Flip Houses In Connecticut
Anything SEO for Real Estate Investing Can be found here!
  •  

HeritageLawnsKC

This is a great question! Here are some things to look into-

• Optimize Site Speed (Minimize Image Files, Utilize Browser Caching)
  • Have Compelling Content Aboce The Fold (Encourage user to scroll and interact with website)
  • Add Images/Videos and Clickable Links Within Content To Make It More Visually Engaging
Owner of Heritage Lawns & Irrigation
Kansas City Lawn Care | Best Olathe Lawn Care
  •  

damponting44

Here are six tips to decrease bounce rates, improve your user experience and increase your users' time on site:
1. REWRITE YOUR META DESCRIPTIONS
2. IMPROVE TARGETING OF PAID CAMPAIGNS
3. REDUCE PAGE LOAD TIME
4. LEAD USERS TO ADDITIONAL PAGES THROUGH CTAS
5. OPTIMIZE YOUR CONTENT'S FORMAT
6. DIRECT VISITORS TO APPROPRIATE LANDING PAGES