My website not showing in search result?

Started by congay2015, 10-09-2014, 02:38:46

Previous topic - Next topic

pablohunt2812

Can't find your website in the search engines? You'll need to engage in some search engine optimization (SEO). Here's how to get started.

Dear Rich,

I've had a website for years but people tell me they can't find me at Google. What am I doing wrong? How can I get on the first page of Google and other search engines?

–Invisible in Islesboro

Dear Invisible,

Good question. Without knowing your website I can't give you the exact reasons why your site doesn't show up in Google, but I can give you some common reasons why you may be difficult to find when your prospects are searching for you.

1. You've got no content on your home page. Many web designers (and site owners) like big, beautiful pictures on their home pages and feel text just "gets in the way." Unfortunately, search engines are blind. They can't see the beautiful view from your waterfront rooms, or the quality craftsmanship in your handmade, wooden toys.

Solution: Bite the bullet and add some text. The text should include some keyword-rich copy (in other words, use the words in your copy that your prospects are searching for) and then link those words to the pages on your site where they can find more information.

Keyword Rich Text with Links
2. Your title tags aren't descriptive. Ask the opinions of two search engine experts and get three different opinions, but almost all search engine marketers agree that your title tag is critical to your search engine visibility.

Too often companies have generic title tags, or just have their company name as the title, or use the same title on every single page...a huge missed opportunity.

The title tag are the words that appear in the title bar of a web page and let the search engines know what this page is about. Your title tags should be keyword-rich, descriptive, and specific to the content on the page. Here are some examples from our website.

Home Page Title
Home Page Title
Internet Marketing Title Tag
Internet Marketing Title Tag
CMS (Content Management System) Title Tag
You'll notice that each one is unique, keyword rich, and focused on the content on that particular page.

3. You're using the wrong keywords on your site. This is a tough one. Maybe you're using technical terms but your audience isn't familiar with the language. You're writing about your vocal stylings and they're searching for a wedding singer. Or you've coined a term that differentiates your business...but no one is searching for that term.

Or you're targeting a keyword that's too broad, such as travel or coach. Those terms are so broad there's little chance anyone will find you for them. Instead, you might do better targeting to a narrower niche, such as Maine family adventure travel or leadership coaching for non-profit professionals.

Post Merge: 12-02-2016, 01:02:25

Quote from: pablohunt2812 on 12-02-2016, 01:01:59
Can't find your website in the search engines? You'll need to engage in some search engine optimization (SEO). Here's how to get started.

Dear Rich,

I've had a website for years but people tell me they can't find me at Google. What am I doing wrong? How can I get on the first page of Google and other search engines?

–Invisible in Islesboro

Dear Invisible,

Good question. Without knowing your website I can't give you the exact reasons why your site doesn't show up in Google, but I can give you some common reasons why you may be difficult to find when your prospects are searching for you.

1. You've got no content on your home page. Many web designers (and site owners) like big, beautiful pictures on their home pages and feel text just "gets in the way." Unfortunately, search engines are blind. They can't see the beautiful view from your waterfront rooms, or the quality craftsmanship in your handmade, wooden toys.

Solution: Bite the bullet and add some text. The text should include some keyword-rich copy (in other words, use the words in your copy that your prospects are searching for) and then link those words to the pages on your site where they can find more information.

Keyword Rich Text with Links
2. Your title tags aren't descriptive. Ask the opinions of two search engine experts and get three different opinions, but almost all search engine marketers agree that your title tag is critical to your search engine visibility.

Too often companies have generic title tags, or just have their company name as the title, or use the same title on every single page...a huge missed opportunity.

The title tag are the words that appear in the title bar of a web page and let the search engines know what this page is about. Your title tags should be keyword-rich, descriptive, and specific to the content on the page. Here are some examples from our website.

You'll notice that each one is unique, keyword rich, and focused on the content on that particular page.

3. You're using the wrong keywords on your site. This is a tough one. Maybe you're using technical terms but your audience isn't familiar with the language. You're writing about your vocal stylings and they're searching for a wedding singer. Or you've coined a term that differentiates your business...but no one is searching for that term.

Or you're targeting a keyword that's too broad, such as travel or coach. Those terms are so broad there's little chance anyone will find you for them. Instead, you might do better targeting to a narrower niche, such as Maine family adventure travel or leadership coaching for non-profit professionals.

luffy268

What is the Search Query you are giving. If you are giving your Domain name as query and your site is not appearing means your site is not indexed.

Try Giving : site:yourdomainname.com in google, if it shows your site and your individual web pages in search results then your site and those web pages are indexed.

If you are giving your targeted keyword and your site is not appearing means you need to work on

Keyword Research
On-Page Optimization
Quality Link Building

printshop1

If your domain is new and meantime you are working on the optimization part then this happens as Google is trying to find the perfect position to place your website so the ranking fluctuates so much. It is just a matter of time once the position is stable.

Neo_5678

Don't follow the blackhat seo technique because search engine are more smarter then us. They will find you according his algorithm and if not work like that so they will penalized you.

We have a grate which hat technique which will also get your ranking in short time so keep going with it and leave the blackhat in side.
My experience say 60 to 65% of work will done with on page technique. If your on page is strong then definitely you will the ranking in Top 50 then other gape will full fill with off page activity.

Hope it will help you.

Dixie

If you are talking weeks of link building and your site being weeks old...

and you already saw your site on 1st page...

here is my answer to you.
If your site was 4 or 5 months old and you have amazing content, social signals, and a ton of backlinks... and your site jumped to 1 and then gone... yes THEN it is no doubt your ranks will fluctuate. That is very normal.
If your site is just a few weeks old and this happens...
you either are bidding for keywords that are super low competition i.e. "yellow bike with red polka dots that was used in  the ohio circus  in 1856 that had a brown bear cycling on it".
Yes you would rank 1 for a keyphrase like that. No one would be competing for that keyword.

So depending on what your site is about I would really re-evaluate the keywords you are bidding on.

rajkumarji

How old is your website? complete your website on page

Usman Shani

Sometimes it can take a week or more for a search engine to find your website. This is because your website is new and doesn't have any inbound links. Once your website is crawled, it usually takes another week or two for it to be pushed out to the index. A long time ago submitting your website to the search engines used to be a good way to speed up the process. But these days there are so many requests that the feature doesn't work. It's much easier to create links to get the spiders to crawl your site.

RosaJBrassell

Check if your website has been indexed or not. Using syntax: site:yourdomain, site:yoururls

amayajace

Sometimes it can take a week or more for a search engine to update search results. This is because your website is new and doesn't have any inbound links. First, create an account on Google webmaster tools. When you register and point Google to your sitemap.xml URL you can request them to re-crawl your URLs.

Yuga

Here's what may be preventing your site from showing up in search results: Google has not indexed your website yet (too new) Your website isn't optimized for search engine crawling. Your keyword market is very competitive