What is affliate marketing ??

Started by habibkhan, 10-16-2014, 20:54:05

Previous topic - Next topic

TomClarke

Affiliate marketing is internet advertising  that allows any online business to affiliate themselves with web site ownners, which are known asaffiliates or publishers, using affiliate programs. Affiliates make money by generating sales, leads and traffic for the Merchnts business.

a4nuser

Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.

Post Merge: 07-19-2016, 03:29:11

Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people's (or company's) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others, and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
  •  

qx_1789

Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing where an "affiliate" is rewarded for referring a customer who then buys something on the merchant website.I think affiliate marketing is one of the best business models out there today.It will change and evolve in many ways over the years but fundamentally it will still have the same principles.

Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people's (or company's) products.Affiliate marketing at its very core is about relationships, a relationship between three parties: advertiser,publisher,consumer.

Affiliate marketing is simply promoting other people`s products. This works very nice and a lot of people are making money with this method.

pablohunt2812

What is Affiliate Marketing?

Perhaps the simplest way to explain affiliate marketing is that it is a way of making money online whereby you as a publisher are rewarded for helping a business by promoting their product, service or site.

There are a number of forms of these types of promotions but in most cases they involve you as a publisher earning a commission when someone follows a link on your blog to another site where they then buy something.

Other variations on this are where you earn an amount for referring a visitor who takes some kind of action – for example when they sign up for something and give an email address, where they complete a survey, where they leave a name and address etc.

Commissions are often a percentage of a sale but can also be a fixed amount per conversion.

Conversions are generally tracked when the publisher (you) uses a link with a code only being used by you embedded into it that enables the advertiser to track where conversions come from (usually by cookies). Other times an advertiser might give a publisher a 'coupon code' for their readers to use that helps to track conversions.

For example:  when I recently released my 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Workbook I also give people an opportunity to promote the workbook with an affiliate program whereby they could earn a 40% commission for each sale. When you sign up to become an affiliate you are given a special code unique to you that enables you to promote the workbook and make $7.98 per sale. The top affiliates earned over $2000 in the first few weeks after launch through these commissions.

Advertisers often prefer affiliate marketing as a way to promote their products because they know they'll only need to pay for the advertising when there's a conversion. I knew when I started this affiliate program that while I'd earn less for each sale that having a network of affiliates promoting it would almost certainly increase overall sales levels.
Publishers often prefer affiliate marketing because if they find a product that is relevant to their niche that earnings can go well in excess of any cost per click or cost per impression advertising campaign.

saravjeet

Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people's (or company's) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others, and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.

saravjeet