What do you think about Blekko?

Started by juicebrenner, 09-18-2011, 11:46:42

Previous topic - Next topic

brodcast

At blekko, we believe the web and search should be open and transparent — it's number one in the blekko Bill of Rights. To make web data accessible, blekko gives away our search results to innovative applications using our API. Today, we're happy to announce the ongoing donation of our search engine ranking metadata for 140 million websites and 22 billion webpages to the Common Crawl Foundation.
  •  

jayanta1

Blekko the "spam –free search engine" is often used by the SEO community to gather deeper insights into domains. Blekko has been a useful tool in obtaining SEO information such as inbound links pointing to a site, indexed pages and more.

seosopt

Blekko the virus is different from Blekko the search engine. The search engine is not something you install. The virus version was probably created by some advertiser who didn't like the fact that someone was trying to fight spam on the internet. Very interesting to see what looks like a smear campaign against this search engine concept.
listz is the largest UK company directory [nofollow] in UK which offers you to add companies, hire seo expert [nofollow] .
  •  

olicia

I am a beginner in this field in addition I am not good at English, but by dint of reading the various responses, I understand little by little, thank you. It's really rewarding! thanks a lot
newbielink:http://vpnguide.fr/accro-telephone/ [nonactive]
  •  

pablohunt2812

We recently brought Blekko CEO Rich Skrenta into our office to talk about why his company's recent attempt to enter a market where two search engines hold 90% of the market share is not completely insane. The prevailing "Blekko is doomed" argument holds that because Google already does search so well, it's fruitless to for anyone else to bother trying.

Granted, it's hard to imagine a future where people Blekko themselves. But, once you get past the goofy name and syntax, the idea of a category search deserves some exploration.

Blekko's killer feature of being able to search crowdsourced "Slashtags" shouldn't be too off putting for any sort of Google power user, but certainly isn't a Google Killer. Skrenta answers this point by stating that Blekko isn't trying to kill Google, and that if anything it is trying to kill Ask.com which currently has 4% of the search market share."We're cool with being number three," he said.

Operating under the motto "there is no one-size-fits-all" for search, Skrenta is targeting both early adopters and power users with Blekko, holding that everyone has their own Blekko usecase.

luffy268

I think that Google on the short/middle term is not going to have in Blekko a competitor, simply because Google is the Search Engine for the masses, while Blekko is for the SEO and Search issues aware elites.
The only way Blekko could start being a serious threat for Google is if it will become part of something bigger, maybe the search engine behind the search adventure of Facebook.

kaufenpreis

The blekko technology and team have joined IBM Watson!

kaufenpreis

Ok,after you uninstall and delete everything from blekko,go to IE-- tools--internet options--home page-- use blank-- click on it,OK,restart IE,go to google.com,and make it again your home page,that worked for me,no more blekko crap!

braveluke

Blekko is no different from Google in my opinion.
Blekko just like a small part of Google.
The truth is I haven't used them since I feel just SEO on Google is enough.

steffidsouza46

I've heard the name a few times, and decided to take a quick look at it. blekko | slashtag search According to my browser tools, it is a P.
You can access SEO data for any domain or URL by clicking the SEO link below Site Pages (I think) lists all the pages indexed in Blekko.