Duplicate internal links

Started by ufobm, 11-13-2014, 03:56:36

Previous topic - Next topic

ufobmTopic starter

I know that having duplicate external links is harmful for onpage optimization.
But are duplicate internal links a problem? For example a link to categories both in the sidebar and inside the header of the article?
Thank you.

zanuda

Quote from: ufobm on 11-13-2014, 03:56:36
My understanding is that Google "glues" it, i.e. counts it as one. So giving 2 doesn't make sense. So, if possible, give only 1.

But are duplicate internal links a problem? For example a link to categories both in the sidebar and inside the header of the article?
I've read a lot of different opinion on this matter, didn't do any personal experiments. There is one opinion that these days Google "know how to distinguish" links from sidebars, menus and what's natural for standard SMSs. So, because I'm the lasy one  :)) I use this opinion regarding to my sites.

ufobmTopic starter

So should I just don't worry about this? The seo analyzer I use gives me a bad score for the duplicate links (I don't know if it distinguish between internal and external ones though). I could put a nofollow here and there, but with Joomla is not so easy...

RH-Calvin

You can put your internal links as 'no follow'. This will help to solve your purpose and also will help to retain your webpage page rank.

ufobmTopic starter

Quote from: RH-Calvin on 11-13-2014, 10:42:02
You can put your internal links as 'no follow'. This will help to solve your purpose and also will help to retain your webpage page rank.

yes, but see what I wrote above. I'm using Joomla, so I don't know how to do that...

Ajinkya Samark

Internal links do not give you any error or any issues unless and  until you are exceeding limitation of links per page.
For Duplicate links on page, Google counts those links as a 1 link. So don't take much tension on it.

damponting44

Here and there Hosting different joins of the same page may be inescapable. The vast majority destinations bring no less than two joins will their home page in the header. Those motivation behind this will be paramount will be that the best approach different joins would esteemed is temperamental Furthermore variable.

infosteve

Thank you.

Internal linking is a way of navigation on website.. You can add one or more internal link for same page on a webpage of website.. But make sure one link is enough for internal linking..

AniKa

I don't think you have to put no follow on some of the links. All internal links on a website should be follow. It is ok that Google index them. Don't worry about duplicate internal links.
Keep learning!
  •  

AniKa

I don't think duplicate internal links would harm your traffic. As long as they are natural and logical.
Keep learning!
  •