Paid Links & Bartered links

Started by abcdf, 10-12-2011, 04:14:29

Previous topic - Next topic

abcdfTopic starter

Everyone talks about paid links. But how about bartered links?

I'm not an expert on paid links, and don't know how good Google is at detecting them, now, but wouldn't be surprised if at some point they'll be good enough at this to cause some headaches - If I'm wrong about this one, please tell me?!

But what if you barter for links..I'll send you a pizza for a link (oversimplified example :-)). Is the risk for using those similar?

Has Google (or Bing or..) ever addressed this one?

MY

i think it would fall under the same thing. they would see it as you giving something to get something. as for search engines detecting links then that's another topic on its own on what they do and don't do even when they find paid links
  •  

takeshiro

aren't they the same. I'm kind of confused here.

damponting44

I was reading a copy of the Inc. 500 issue on my flight back from Dallas this weekend and came across an article about a seasonal online retailer that was "penalized" right before the Holidays for paid links.

Jerryll

Quote from: abcdf on 10-12-2011, 04:14:29
Everyone talks about paid links. But how about bartered links?

I'm not an expert on paid links, and don't know how good Google is at detecting them, now, but wouldn't be surprised if at some point they'll be good enough at this to cause some headaches - If I'm wrong about this one, please tell me?!

But what if you barter for links..I'll send you a pizza for a link (oversimplified example :-)). Is the risk for using those similar?

Has Google (or Bing or..) ever addressed this one?

Uhmm...
Paid links are bad. I couldn't believe this forum had a section for paid links. Want to screw over a competitor? Report them to google when you have proof they paid for a link.
My advise, do not pay for backlinks. NEVER!!

Emmaballet20

I didn't hear about Bartered links before so Bartered links is new for me but still I still didn't well understand about Bartered links.

Arina Thoggy

Well, before investing in paid links it is very important to know everything about it. There are so many articles available on the Google that helps you to know about it or you can go to some senior people or hire an SEO expert. It will also help you.
  •