On-Page SEO Tips

Started by steveWatson21, 05-22-2015, 11:37:40

Previous topic - Next topic

lucygomez

On-Page SEO refers to all the things that you can do ON your website to help you rank higher, such as page titles, internal linking, meta tags & descriptions, URL Structure, Body Tags, Keyword Density, Internal Linking etc.

TomClarke

Hello@ I totally agree with all of these paragraphs.
I think that on-page optimization plays very important role and you should do it right to gain the best results!

pablohunt2812

On-Page Search Engine Optimisation
1. Page Titles
Your page titles are one of the most important SEO factors on your site. Each of your pages & posts should have its own unique title, which includes the main keywords for that page.
For example, you could write a blog post about a new chocolate cake recipe that you have tried. It is therefore vitally important that you include 'Chocolate Cake Recipe' within your post title, perhaps "Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe" or " Chocolate Cake Recipe for kids", etc.
This way, whenever someone searches for Chocolate Cake Recipes in a search engine, your post has a better chance of showing up because you have included those keywords.
2. Meta Descriptions
Many people forget to include meta descriptions for their pages. These descriptions are an important place to include relevant keywords for your content, as these are used within the search results when your page is listed.
For instance, if we continue to use the 'Chocolate Cake Recipe' example, then a good meta description for that page would include those keywords and related ones. So, "This easy chocolate cake recipe is possibly the most delicious, mouth watering, chocolatey cake ever made." would be a great meta description to use, as it is relatively short, whilst containing a number of specific keywords.
3. Meta Tags
For each of your pages, you can include a set of keywords in the form of meta tags. These should be all the relevant keywords of your content, which you will have researched previously.
I use a WordPress plug-in on my sites called 'All In One SEO Pack'. This allows me to enter all of my meta tag keywords, meta description and page title at the bottom of each of my posts before publishing. This simply inserts all of the information into your page HTML format for you, making your life a little easier.
Page Title, Meta Description and Meta Tags
4. URL Structure
Including search engine friendly URLs for each of your pages is highly recommended, as these bring better crawling. Shorter URLs seem to perform better in search engine results, however that is not the only factor.
URLs that include targeted keywords, also perform better. The location of these keywords can also be a major influence. For example site.com/keyword would perform better than site.com/365/738/subfolder/keyword etc.
As you can see for this page, the URL is http://onlineincometeacher.com/traffic/on-page-seo-techniques/ I have included the keywords that are relevant for this post.
5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
When writing your articles, you should break up your content into smaller sections & paragraphs to make it easier for people to read. These sections can be given heading, which is where H1, H2, H3, H4, etc. tags are used.
Generally H1 tags are reserved for your main page title, with subsequent headings (just like the ones I have used throughout this post) being issued H2, H3, etc. Search engines use these to determine what is important within your content. This is why keyword rich headines are more useful than generic ones. Make sure you write keyword rich headings in the order of priority in H1, H2 and H3 title tags. They are used by many crawlers to differentiate important content.
6. Keyword Density
Including relevant keywords throughout your content is very important, as it helps search engines work out what your content is about. However, try not to excessively repeat and overuse keywords just for search engine robots. This can lead to your site being banned from search engines.
To avoid this, try to keep your keyword density to roughly 2-5%. If you find this hard, get out a thesaurus and broaden your writing vocabulary. This way, you are still writing about the same thing, without risk of being banned.
7. Image SEO
On-Page SEO
Using images within your content is a great way to make your site more visually appealing and break up boring chunks of text. You can utilise these images to help improve your site SEO.
All your uploaded images have titles, so treat them just the same as your page titles. Including relevant keywords can help people find your site when searching on Google Images.
You can also include Alt Text and Descriptions for your images, making them even more useful with SEO.
8. Internal Linking
People often think that the only links that count are those from other websites. While these links are important, these are not the only important links!
Placing links to your other website pages, is a great way of improving your site and used properly, internal links can be a useful weapon in your SEO arsenal. Not only does it make it much easier for your visitors to navigate around your site and find all of your content, but it also ensures that your site gets properly crawled allowing the search engines to find all of your pages. It also helps to build the relevancy of a page to relevant keywords and phrases, whilst also helping to increase the Google PageRank of your pages.
There are a number of different methods that you can use to improve your internal linking structure. The main being; content links and permanent navigation links.
For bloggers, content links are very useful when used properly. These are links that are placed within your article posts, which redirect people to other relevant pages on your site. For example, this post is focused on increasing traffic to your site, so readers may also find a post on 'How To Drive Traffic To Your Blog' useful. Perhaps other people are just starting out blogging and want to learn more.

arindamdutta16

On Page SEO you attract readers by providing high quality content. The technique is to make the articles as relevant as possible to what the searcher is looking for. It greatly helps if you are an expert on the topic you are writing about. On page is process of defining keyword, Meta tags, content duplication, domain, title etc. which have to follow while developing site.

simran606

1.TITLE TAG
The best and most effective way to use the title tag is to not to make the title tag longer than 70 characters.

2.DESCRIPTION TAG
Use this tag smartly. Describe your page content and try to use your most competitive keywords in the text

3.KEYWORDS TAG
We all know that Google stated that this tag does not affect your rankings but there are many SEOs,

hynds

In search engine optimization, on-page optimization refers to factors that have an effect on your Web site or Web page listing in natural search results. These factors are controlled by you or by coding on your page. Examples of on-page optimization include actual HTML code, meta tags, keyword placement and keyword density.

On-Page Search Engine Optimisation
1. Page Titles
2. Meta Descriptions
3. Meta Tags
4. URL Structure
5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
6. Keyword Density
7. Image SEO
8. Internal Linking

I hope this helps.

jewicebosell

On Page Technique is most important in SEO. I Think your website can be 70% increased In Major Search engines. There are many  points who has checked In websites like Meta Title, meta description, meta keywords, Canonical Issues, H1 Tags, Robots.txt, Xml site map, Fevicon, Content,  W3C Validation, 404 Errors, Broken links, Image ALT Tag, etc.
newbielink:http://www.india.seawindsolution.com/search-engine%20optimization.html [nonactive]
  •  

EmmaMckay

Very nice post, thank you for sharing this information.
Please add some more factors like
1. URL should be readable for User and Search engine crawler
2. Mobile friendly
3. AMP
4. Website Navigation
5. Website should be look like dynamic and advanced for User Experience

Thank you
newbielink:https://www.webstreamworld.uk/solutions/webinar-service-providers [nonactive] | newbielink:https://www.webstreamworld.uk/ [nonactive]
  •  

egenius

!-! Grate.. Will Bookmark your suggestion.
  •  

AliceFowell89

Hello all,
Thank you for sharing this helpful information.