Copywriting?

Started by jaysh4922, 07-21-2015, 23:42:31

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysh4922Topic starter

How can I transition from writing and producing for broadcast journalism to copy writing?

cwvps

You surely already have the skills, you just need to adjust to this new way of conducting your thoughts and writing. I believe some online course, reading copywriting blogs and other people work as well as doing some copywriting excercises will do the trick.
Get A Cheap Windows VPS/RDP at CheapWindowsVPS.com
  •  

alexfernando

There are tonnes of information related to copy writing, plus there are many skilled bloggers, copywriters around the social media. Join some groups on facebook, twitter, LinkedIn is too a good platform to connects to these professionals.

LyzLauren

You just need to think out of the box, since you are a writer it wouldn't be hard for you to follow the principles of copywriting. You can also acquire new knowledge through the online web, there are lots of resources that can surely help you to master the said craft. good luck  ;)

josephinek

>seo copy writing is the technique of writing the viewable text on a web page in such a way that it reads well for all surfer and also targets specific search term.
>Those includes the title,description and keywords tags ,headings and alt text.

Baby bear

SEO copywriting is a method based on the editorial SEO and website content development. Who do SEO copywriting is called SEO copywriter (who wrote and developed the content for the website). This person must really skilled at inserting keywords in posts and allocation keyword density so that reasonable, to do the article really convincing and make an impression with the reader.
SEO copywriting focuses on article content, taking the needs of customers as the focus for the construction and development of the website content. Each website has the development of different content, this depends on the prospect that the company will target.
Live Leap review
InstaEasy Review - Why You Should You Buy It ?
  •  

MaryGreen

Quote from: jaysh4922 on 07-21-2015, 23:42:31
How can I transition from writing and producing for broadcast journalism to copy writing?

Try to find a new job and change something in your life! Develop your writing skills and knowledges, and work hard, and I think that everything will be great) Do it right now)

apwebsolutions

SEO copywriting in particular has to do with helping businesses, particularly the ones that have an active blog, with making sure that the content they are creating on a regular basis gets the most possible traction and visibility through search engines. And also that it reads well for conversion and will entice people enough to take action and buy. I wrote more about it at http://www.apwebsolutions.com.au/seo-copywriting/

emma_val

Hey! Congrats on making a change :) I've been a working copywriter for 10+ years, and I know it can be intiмidating to get started. There are a ton of great free resources available to help you learn some basics (grammar, creative writing, syntax, types of writing styles, etc.) Coursera offers a bunch of good courses, and CreativeLive is another good one to check out. Then, just get going with it. Build up your portfolio doing gigs through a site like Freelancer.com or upwork.com (formerly elance) and let your social networks know that you're looking for writing opportunities. Good luck!
  •  

therealaleech

In a nutshell, copywriting is selling people how you would in person, in print. How do you sell to your clients in person? A neat trick I got out of a copywriting course is:

• Record your best salesman on 5-10 sales calls/presentations etc
  • Write down everything they say and everything the client says
  • Edit to just the sales conversation
Now, you have your sales copy.

How to write copy that sells is a good starter book as well.
Life is fatal, don't make it futile.
  •