Keyword Repetition on the Title

Started by manvbf, 10-29-2011, 03:46:47

Previous topic - Next topic

manvbfTopic starter

Does any of you guys know what the rule on Keyword Repetition on the Title in Google is?

I have a site that ranks #5 on G for a particular keyword, all the sites above me at least repeat the keyword twice in the title. Will it activate any spam filters on G regarding my site if I repeat keywords on the title?
  •  

henricsmayores

I have also noticed that on the sites that have good rankings than mine. Actually, I did changed my title and added my main keyword (now my keywords appear twice on the title) but in a manner in which it does not look like spamming it. My website ranking became better. However, the thing is that, my keyword is exactly the name of my site and that's why I think I got to the top rank on G.
  •  

C.Rebecca

There is no need to repeat keywords in title. Choose target keywords in the first place to avoid repetition. It would be better to keep your title short and to the point means relating to the content you are writing.
As far as title tags are concerned, make your title descriptive and compelling so that users click on it.
-Every page should have its own unique title tag
-Should be as descriptive as possible for the search engines to index
-Title Tags should be limited to 65-70 characters or less
-Always write for users and not for search engines
-Your main keyword as the first word within your title tag
Refer to this link on how Title helps in higher CTR

230% more traffic with 12+ Keyword Research Tools
  •  

takeshiro

Yep, I absolutely agree. there is no need to repeat the keywords in the title. that is so unnecessary.

AuroINSEO

Hi... ;)

Using your keywords in the title tag will  help you get you better search engine placements. If you use more a keyword more than 3 times, then you may fall into the spam category. That is why stick to to the ideal one time usage or the acceptable two times usage of the keyword in the title tag.

Thanks
Search Engine Optimization NYC

eetplus

Yes, i think no need to keyword repetition on the Title, use your target keyword in Title tag, description, H tag and body tag but do not stuffing.
Elan - Web & Mobile Application Development Company
  •  

Yuga

Use the keywords twice (at the most) in a title tag.
Do not get down to using the keyword thrice or more as it will be nothing but keyword spamming.

Lishmalinyjames

There is no hard and fast rule which states that keywords should not be repeated more than three times on a page. In fact, I tend to think the exact opposite: important keywords or keyword phrases should appear at least three times on a page.