Can you tell me something about Googlebot?

Started by islamicvashikaran, 08-27-2015, 23:39:21

Previous topic - Next topic

islamicvashikaranTopic starter

Hello friends,

I want to know that Can you tell me something about Googlebot?

Pranshu

Googlebot is the name of google's search engine crawler/spider. It crawls to find new and updated webpage to index to Google.
  •  

RH-Calvin

Google bot is also known as spiders or crawlers and they are search engine programs that are used to read through webpage sources to cache and index them in search engines.

josephinek

Google bot is the software.
It is used to index your website in google.
It is used  to collect information from the web by Google.

TomClarke

Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot, also called a s a spider. Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new updated pages to be added to the Google index. We use a huge set of computers to fetch billions of pages on the web. Googlebot uses an algorithmic process: computer programs determine which sites to crawl, how often, and how many pages to fetch from each site.

MaryGreen

The best and easy explanetion in Wikipedia! Googlebot is the search bot software used by Google, which collects documents from the web to build a searchable index for the Google Search engine.A problem which webmasters have often noted with the Googlebot is that it takes up an enormous amount of bandwidth. This can cause websites to exceed their bandwidth limit and be taken down temporarily. This is especially troublesome for mirror sites which host many gigabytes of data. Google provides "Webmaster Tools" that allow website owners to throttle the crawl rate

RoyJones

Googlebot is a web crawling bot that comes to the site and which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.

RosaJBrassell

Googlebot is used to search the Internet. It uses Web crawling software by Google, which allows them to scan, find, add and index new web pages. In other words, "Googlebot is the name of the search engine spider for Google. Googlebot will visit sites which have been submitted to the index every once in a while to update its index."