Content V/S Backlinks

Started by JohnVilson, 09-17-2015, 01:38:21

Previous topic - Next topic

sophiawils59

When considering the importance of SEO, it is a combination of both backlinks and content. The website is empty without content and will not be ranked without any backlinks.

The one carrying the most weight is Content with quality, which keeps users intact. Backlinks provide ranking and traffic and Content hold the traffic.

sandertouw

Both content creation and backlink building are important. While there is not a straight answer to what is most important since SEO is not about doing any one thing. While doing SEO you have to take several other factors into consideration. i.e. Content creation is on-page activity which might help you to earn you external links if you product quality linkable content while building backlinks is off-page activity.
Webcrafter is een full service internetbureau dat jou ondersteunt met webdesign, development en online marketing.
  •  

SEO.Ninja

For SEO, quality content and quality backlinks both are the major terms used to keep the reputation of the website on a top. With the best quality content, you can achieve the quality backlinks.

mandiradebnath

Without content, you can't create a backlink. Yes, if you do any profile creation work that needs a business description (that is also a content), if you approach for a classified post that is also content. So for SEO "Content is the KING". If your blog does not have unique information, interesting content that will not be accepted guest blogging in a good site.
Experienced in different niche for more than 5 years. Associated with DGMPeople
  •  

SamuelKennedy

Both Content & Backlinks are important factors for SEO.
Great & Quality Contents & having more number of Backlinks can boost the website conversion rate, ranking factor & social signals.
  •  

mandiradebnath

First, create good content, then approach to good DA sites for link building. Sometimes you can outreach other sites for link building first then offer them good content to post (guest blogging)
Experienced in different niche for more than 5 years. Associated with DGMPeople
  •  

AdahTrudy

Content are always king to get engaging customers and traffics on website whereas, backlinks provides better ranking position in search engine results page.
  •  

RuskinF

Both Content and Backlinks are equally significant.
But I would pay more weightage to Content.
Because what would you create links to if you do not create content?

Since content is the place that gets more importance than backlinks.
Note: This is my opinion. It may not apply to others.

John-S

Backlinks are specifically for SEO purposes. Content is for your users to engage with your site, drive impressions for ad space, buy your products, and fill out lead forms. Without content, there is no reason for a website to be sourcing you (i.e., giving you a backlink).

Lishmalinyjames

Backlinks are specifically for SEO purposes. Content is for your users to engage with your site, drive impressions for ad space, buy your products, and fill out lead forms. Without content, there is no reason for a website to be sourcing you.