Content vs Backlinks?

Started by Roy Milson, 03-30-2016, 07:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Neel Patel

you can not compare both. they both are important in SEO. Unique content is important as well as Building relevant backlinks on high PR sites is also necessary. don't avoid any of them.

Quote from: Roy Milson on 03-30-2016, 07:11:33
Hello folks,

What is considered as more significant, creating content or building back links?

jeffjohnson

Yes, both content and back links are important but the question was which is more significant.  Good content is what is most significant and over time will have the most impact of the 2 options given (content vs. back links)....but why? All the back links in the world will not help a site that originally has poor content.  Another reason to have "good" content on your site is best answered by another question.....Why do you have the site to begin with?....You want visitors to the site and ultimately their business.  Visitors to your site don't know how many back links you have nor do they care--Visitors are maintained to your site because of its "good" content and its usefulness.  Remember....poor content....prepare to meet the Panda!!

Jerryll

Depends what you mean with "significant".
Content will have users stay on your site longer. They click and interact. They even give you backlinks.

Backlinks will rank you higher (if done right), which cause users to find you.

So it is all connected.

So for conversions, no matter how many backlinks you have (i.e. no matter how many people find you), without quality content you wont get a sale, you wont get a sign up, and you won't get people to stick around. Google sees this and will start to take your ranking away and you will drop on the search results.

On the other hand, you can have AMAZING content, but without backlinks (assuming that is how you want to rank, as there are other ways to rank other than backlinks) no one will ever see your content and you are screwed then also.

Usually people have no real understanding of SEO when they ask thee questions. Which is not bad. I started there as well. Dont look for shortcuts. Educate yourself on SEO and you will see how easy it really is.

So unlike all these people above me that say you need both (jeez man),

the REAL actual answer is this.

Content is a human factor. It is a people thing. This will boost user experience.
Backlink is a machine factor. It is a google thing. This will increase your rankings.

Asking which one is more important, is like asking which one is more important, an apple or an Orange?
Well.. the answer would be.. well depends, do you want fiber in your diet, or do you want vitamin C?

Although directly connected in terms of SEO and yes you need both to have  complete package (ranking high AND generating conversions) each one target one specific side of a whole coin!

AaliyaAnubhav

Content

Always remember one thing CONTENT IS THE KING .
Think about it in this way
If I am a visitor on your site and  you have good original quality  content there is a chance that your site will naturally be shared, I will tell my friend on fb or blog or forum - "Hey look this site seems AWESOME . Check it out  " .
I.E. You will get BACKLINKS naturally . It will add cherry to the cake .

Jerryll

Quote from: AaliyaAnubhav on 12-10-2017, 23:46:23
Content

Always remember one thing CONTENT IS THE KING .
Think about it in this way
If I am a visitor on your site and  you have good original quality  content there is a chance that your site will naturally be shared, I will tell my friend on fb or blog or forum - "Hey look this site seems AWESOME . Check it out  " .
I.E. You will get BACKLINKS naturally . It will add cherry to the cake .

That is not a fair analysis at all. Content is king... sure. But without back links it is like being king of nothing.

Without backlinks no one is going to see your Awesome content. Not one is better than the other. Without one the other is useless.
Read my answer above

shubha1206

Both are important. If you have quality content you get more shares and natural backlinks. More people want to link to you.
But if you do not have a good content then you have to build backlinks yourself to rank it higher.

•