Are backlinks in iframes effective?

Started by PrimoPierotz, 10-24-2016, 12:57:41

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimoPierotzTopic starter

Hi everyone!

I wonder if backlinks to my site are effective if put into an iframe in another site.
Does Google penalize this technique? 

Thanks!

PrimoPierotzTopic starter

Thank you very much  ;D I was just unsure  ::)

Selena Gomez

First, you have to know that Google does not like iframes, so that Google bot does not crawl any links in iframe for sure! Even if it does, nothing benefits.
  •  

SerenMckay

I don't think it would ever be a backlink. Can you make it plain html?

You can also add a title to the iframe

frame src="mydomain.com/etc/something-here" title="something here"

That might do "something."

I just thought of something else. I am not even sure this would work.
In 1997, I remember that having nothis or nothat lines of html for certain
things that a person could turn off. Like javascript. There's no such thing
as <noiframe> I believe, so you would just get a blank line with nothing

However, I think if you put plain text/html after the iframe tag, that would
display IF the browser did not support iframes. That is, something like

<iframes> blah blah blah
Sorry! Nothing here
</ifrrame>

The line of text would only show if no support for iframes.

So one could, in theory, put an <a href there as well. And that would seem to
be seen as a link.

Now all you have to do is get your widget to put that line of code in there.

Of course this is all my theory, but it makes some sense.

damponting44

The common theory is that Google can't read them properly...however they might count as backlinks... my html iframes were outranking my main pages in the early days of my website, which was undesirable for me, so I eventually moved my iframes inside javascript.

apwebsolutions

Iframes do pass link authority but not as much as direct links. I don't think that Google hates iframes, I have seen websites that had huge iframes and still continued to rank at the top. Also, I think for videos embeds which are essentially iframes are just as good as direct links.

Thomas32

Quote from: PrimoPierotz on 10-24-2016, 12:57:41
Hi everyone!

I wonder if backlinks to my site are effective if put into an iframe in another site.
Does Google penalize this technique? 

Thanks!

When it comes to backlinks, placing them within an iframe on another website may not have the same impact as having them directly on a page. Backlinks are more effective [nofollow] when they are placed naturally within the content of a webpage, as search engines like Google place greater value on these types of links.

Using iframes to display your website's content on another site may not provide the same SEO benefits as traditional backlinks. Google's algorithms are designed to evaluate the relevance and quality of backlinks, and they may not attribute the same weight or value to backlinks within iframes.
  •  

JennaLens4

Will not penalize but don't usr all the content through Iframe. You have to create the content on the page by yourself. The Iframe must be used partially, to fill in parts of the content to link to something
  •  

Umar Shahzad

Dofollow backlinks are most effective to your website. The more backlinks you have, the higher your ranking will be.
AI Tools | https://www.facebook.com/GuestPostBloggingServices/
  •