how many keywords can I target for 1 page for my website?

Started by tadbirgaran, 11-29-2016, 12:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

tadbirgaranTopic starter

hi   

Individual pages has around 500 words in it.

AdvanceWebSolutions

Your better off starting with just one or two of your main keywords at most or it will look spammy. 500 words isn't a lot to work with so you don't want to overdo it. Use longtail keywords as opposed to shorter ones to give your pages more options to rank for.
  •  

jamespatrick2512

Choosing keywords is an essential stage in the SEO process. Select the wrong ones and, regardless of what you do in terms of on-site optimisation and off-site optimisation, you may never see a return on your investment in SEO. As well as choosing good keywords though, you need to choose the right number of them.
You shouldn't only target 1 keyword, even if you have a very small budget or think that 1 keyword covers everything that you do or sell. This is a mistake because unless it's a highly searched for keyword, and if it is then the competition to rank well for it will be fierce and getting your site in the top positions for it very difficult, then ranking for that 1 keyword won't attract enough visitors to your site.

You also shouldn't target lots and lots of keywords – 30, 50, 100, etc. – as the more keywords you target, the less resources you can assign to working on each of them, and the harder it becomes to rank well for any of them. Whilst you do ultimately want to rank for many keywords, to start off you need to be focused and realistic, especially if you don't have a big budget for SEO or lots of time available to create content and promote your site.

So, how many keywords should you target then? The exact number will depend on your budget and your timeframe for results, however, primarily targeting about 5 keywords (each with a monthly search volume of 100+) to start with is recommended for most small businesses. To some businesses, that might not seem a lot, but targeting 5 keywords doesn't mean that your website will only rank for 5 keywords and get traffic from 5 keywords.

This is because a keyword phrase with the same words in a different order, or with more or less "stop words" (a, the, for, etc.), counts as one keyword. For example, if 1 of your keywords is 'mortgage advice', as well as ranking for that exact phrase, it's highly likely that your site will also naturally rank for 'advice mortgage', 'advice on mortgage', 'advice for mortgages', etc.

Additionally, and using the same example, if you create a good quality, content rich page to target 'mortgage advice', you'll naturally rank for lots of long-tail keywords (strings of 4 or more words) that you've used within that content. So, if within the content you write the phrase 'where is the best place to get reliable mortgage advice from', then your site will probably naturally rank in Google for that keyword phrase too.

Very specific long-tail keyword phrases don't show up in any keyword research tools, and they may only get searched for once every 2-3 months, but they're very important because it's estimated that 40% of searches online consist of phrases made up of 4 or more words. Therefore, although the individual search volumes for very long-tail keywords might seem trivial, the combined total of them is far from it.

So, with a 5 keyword starting point, the scope for...[sociallocker]...rankings and attracting traffic is actually quite wide. You'll find that a good percentage of traffic to your business's website will come from searches for keywords that you hadn't specifically targeted but which you naturally rank for. Those more specific searches tend to convert to sales better as well, because the people searching for them have a clearer idea of what they're looking for.

When you're getting good results for your initial keyword selections, you can then divert some attention and resources to targeting new ones. If you take this approach – doing keyword research and selection should be done in stages – you don't have to wait so long to see results and you have more data to work with (from Google Analytics and Google Search Console) before making decisions on additional keywords.

James Patrick  ;D  ;D
My web: Ultimate Banner Plugin Review [nofollow]
  •  

pablohunt2812

Naturally, you'd want to refine this list and cross-compare with a few other services (I've used MSN AdCenter above, but I don't like relying on less than three independent sources when generating lists). From the list, you need to know which keywords have actual relevance to the page content. This can get a bit tricky, and our "Ted Baker" example above can be used to perfectly illustrate.

Let's say I've got a landing page for "Ted Baker" on an e-commerce website. I've also got specific categories for "Ted Baker Shoes," "Ted Baker Eyewear," and "Ted Baker Dress Shirts" - in fact, I probably have a dozen sub-categories or more. So which phrases do I target on the landing page vs. the interior pages? My answer is always to go with searcher intent. If the search intent is too broad to be classified as any of these obvious subcategories, try to target on the main category landing page (even if that gives you a lot of terms).

luffy268

t's a pretty simple answer, but it requires a bit of thorough research and thinking. You can target as many keywords as you want. Google doesn't care whether your 1-page article has 2 keywords or 15, it's important to make the article you wrote valuable - just give it value so that Google recognizes you as a trustworthy source (as far as giving away information goes). That's why almost every website has a Blog section - that's where all the good stuff go in&out.

Write useful pieces of text that relate closely to your website and e-commerce.

As far as keywords go, a good practice is localizing them - if you're targeting a specific US region, then you might want to add a city/country name next to your desired keyword.

tatastic49

I always insert less than three anchor text. Don't be greedy!
  •  

hynds

There's no magic formula of how many keyword in the content (as know as keyword density), however the acceptable percent is around from 0,5% to 3%, that's good for SEO content.

pathannishat

Hi,
Its quite simple but you can target 3-4 keywords for single webpage.
But remember choose good keywords which is related to your business or services.

Thanks

Quote from: tadbirgaran on 11-29-2016, 12:06:41
hi   

Individual pages has around 500 words in it.

superduck49

in my opinion, the less the better. It's make your backlinks so natural and safe
messenger [nofollow]
messenger download [nofollow]
  •  

printshop1

There is no specific number of keywords you can target per page but it is good to keep the number of keywords less in a page to make it relevant. If you write an in-depth article on one topic covering all aspects then it becomes easy to optimize that page for that keywords otherwise if you mix different topics then it becomes difficult for the search engine to get an idea about what the page is about. So create landing pages for specific keywords.