Do you use separate SEO strategies for Google,Yahoo and Bing?

Started by Roy Milson, 12-06-2016, 23:31:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy MilsonTopic starter

Do you use separate SEO strategies for Google,Yahoo and Bing?

JohnVilson

Yes, SEO strategies can vary slightly for Google, Yahoo, and Bing due to differences in their algorithms and ranking factors. Here are some key considerations for each search engine:

**Google:**
- Focus on high-quality, user-friendly content.
- Use backlinks from reputable sources.
- Optimize for mobile-friendliness and page speed.
- Pay attention to user experience and engagement.
- Implement structured data markup for rich snippets.

**Yahoo:**
- Yahoo primarily uses Bing's search results (powered by Microsoft's Bing search engine), so optimizing for Bing should cover Yahoo as well.

**Bing:**
- Pay attention to on-page SEO, including keyword optimization.
- Use high-quality backlinks, similar to Google.
- Bing values social signals, so having an active presence on social media can help.
- Ensure good website accessibility for Bing's crawler.

additional considerations for optimizing your website for Google, Yahoo, and Bing:

- Content Quality: Google places a strong emphasis on high-quality, relevant content. Focus on creating valuable and informative content that answers users' queries effectively.
- Backlinks: Build a diverse and authoritative backlink profile. Google values links from reputable websites, so avoid spammy or low-quality backlinks.
- User Experience: Google considers factors like mobile-friendliness, page load speed, and user engagement (e.g., low bounce rates, longer time on site) when ranking websites.
- Secure Website: Google gives preference to secure websites with HTTPS encryption. Ensure your site has an SSL certificate.
- Core Web Vitals: Google's Core Web Vitals focus on user experience, including page loading, interactivity, and visual stability. Optimize for these metrics.

**Yahoo (Bing):**
- Keyword Research: Conduct thorough keyword research to identify the terms your target audience is using on Yahoo/Bing. Optimize your content accordingly.
- Image and Video SEO: Bing tends to give more importance to image and video content, so optimize multimedia elements on your site.
- Local SEO: Bing Places for Business is analogous to Google My Business. Claim and optimize your business listing for local SEO on Bing.
- Social Signals: As mentioned earlier, Bing values social signals, so maintain an active presence on social media platforms and encourage social sharing of your content.

**General SEO Tips:**
- Mobile Optimization: Ensure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly across all search engines.
- Site Structure: Have a clear and organized site structure with logical navigation to make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your content.
- XML Sitemaps: Create and submit XML sitemaps to all major search engines to help them discover and index your pages.
- Monitoring and Analytics: Use tools like Google Analytics and Bing Webmaster Tools to monitor your website's performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Content Freshness: Regularly update and refresh your content to show search engines that your site provides up-to-date information.

some additional tips for optimizing your website for search engines:

- **Local SEO**: If your business has a physical location, optimize for local SEO on Google. This includes creating a Google My Business profile and getting reviews.
- **Voice Search Optimization**: With the rise of voice assistants, optimize your content for natural language and long-tail keywords that people commonly use in voice searches.
- **Featured Snippets**: Aim to structure your content to appear in featured snippets (the information box that appears at the top of some search results) by providing concise and informative answers to common queries.

**Yahoo (Bing):**
- **Submit to Bing Webmaster Tools**: Utilize Bing Webmaster Tools to submit your sitemap and monitor your website's performance on Bing. It provides valuable insights and data to improve your rankings on Bing.
- **Multimedia Optimization**: Bing tends to favor multimedia content, so optimize your images and videos with descriptive file names, alt tags, and captions relevant to your content.

**General SEO Tips:**
- **Schema Markup**: Implement schema markup to provide structured data that helps search engines understand your content better and may lead to rich snippets in search results.
- **User Engagement Metrics**: Focus on improving user engagement metrics like click-through rate (CTR), dwell time, and overall user satisfaction, as search engines use these metrics to gauge the quality of your content.
- **Long-Form Content**: Consider creating comprehensive, in-depth content for competitive keywords. Long-form content often ranks well as it covers a topic thoroughly and provides value to readers.

Yes, I use separate strategies for Google,Yahoo and other search engines. More backlinks are required for Google. It pays more attention to backlinks and site authority while Yahoo and Bing pay more attention to the title and Meta tags. Hence, a site takes the time to rank on Google as compared to Yahoo and Bing.

SEO.Ninja

Almost, the strategies are same for Google, Bing & Yahoo. But in terms of keywords there are some facts. Google recognizes synonyms and context around a keyword while Bing prefers exact match here.Google do not crawl and understand Flash websites on the other hand Bing understands and crawls very well.

CaraMooralian

Yes, I use different strategies for different search engine.
If we want to rank in search engine then we must follow their ranking  algorithms ( i.e. rules and regulation)
Google search engine,  look after quality backlink and content is more concern for it.
But for Yahoo and Bing are not that much sticks about  backlink.
Therefore, as compare to Google we can easy rank in bing and yahoo.

•  

LaurentHector

I use different strategies for google and bing, yahoo.
because users often search on google so I preferred this old man more
google, SEO optimization and SEO Onpage Offpage, using SEO plugin ... and backlink YOAST.
BING and YAHOO on, I focused SEO content and meta tags
  •  

luffy268

No.I usually target mainly Google and I think its enough.Because most of the people use google and if we manage to rank well in google,then we can manage in yahoo and bing.All search engines are almost similar except some changes.I agree all the three have different algorithms and all but we can ignore once we manage to rank in google.If you have time then you can think or focus on yahoo and bing. And one more thing if your website is ranked well in google then you just need little efforts to rank in yahoo and bing.

apwebsolutions

You will find that when you focus on Google rankings, your rankings in Bing and Yahoo will go up automatically. There is no need to focus on them separately. If anything, you're more likely to rank faster in Bing and Yahoo as their algorithms are less refined and Google is ahead of the game.

cambridgeseo

i definitely DO NOT change my process of ranking for individual search engines. Rank #1 in google and the rest will follow.