Duplicate websites

Started by ethniccode, 12-16-2016, 07:06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

ethniccodeTopic starter

First let me admit my stupidity that I did couple of years ago. I created two ecommerce websites. One with shopify and other with magento. Both the websites contain same products. I have built good amount of backlinks for both the websites. Both websites have not been penalised luckily. But I realise that there is drop in ranking significantly recently and I am heading no where with two websites. I would like to get rid of one website. What is the best approach?

1) Should I just do noindex/nofollow of one website and loose all my handwork done on backlinks for that site?

2) Should I do 301 redirect?

Please advice.
  •  

Intuz

From these two option 301 redirection will be better option. From this redirection you can get benefits of ranking and backlinks juice of the redirected website.

luffy268

Quote from: ethniccode on 12-16-2016, 07:06:22First let me admit my stupidity that I did couple of years ago. I created two ecommerce websites. One with shopify and other with magento. Both the websites contain same products. I have built good amount of backlinks for both the websites. Both websites have not been penalised luckily. But I realise that there is drop in ranking significantly recently and I am heading no where with two websites. I would like to get rid of one website. What is the best approach?

Quote from: ethniccode on 12-16-2016, 07:06:22
A 301 redirect is implemented if the change you want to make is, well... permanent. The detour page now embodies the redirected page as if it was the former. A complete takeover.

The old page will be removed from Google's index and the new one will replace it.

jainteq

301 redirection is the right option to go with.It will help to retain the backlinks you have built for both websites.

addisoncave

i also agree with other users as 301................
lathe machine [nofollow] | drilling machine [nofollow] |
  •  

ngocptit

Have you ever worried about duplicate content?

It could be anything: some boilerplate text on your web site.  Or, a product description on your e-commerce web page you borrowed from the original seller. Or, maybe a quote you copied from your favorite blog post or an authority in your niche.

No matter how hard you try to offer 100% unique content, you can't.

Duplicate content is among the top 5 SEO issues that sites face especially now Google has put its Panda Update into play.

Yuga

Duplicate content is content that appears on the Internet in more than one place. That "one place" is defined as a location with a unique website address (URL) - so, if the same content appears at more than one web address, you've got duplicate content.