SEO and Tags

Started by pixsector, 12-20-2016, 17:31:37

Previous topic - Next topic

pixsectorTopic starter

Hi,
I have image sharing website and I am dealing with setting right structure for tags. I think that I did a bad move,
when I did create tags for every category.
----
1.) Example:
When user will create tag ( e.g. apple ) then the website will create tag page for every category:
website/vector-images/apple
website/psd-templates/apple
website/icons/apple
website/mockups/apple
----
The problem is that this structure created around thousand pages without no content which hurt website ranking I think.
I want to ask you if its a good solution to create just one page for tag ( e.g. apple ) .
----
2.) Example:
website/apple
----
I would redirect 301 the useless pages with no content. Only websites with content would remain this way.
  •  

apwebsolutions

Consider marking the Tag pages as NoFollow and just focus on the pages which have content, which I presume are the ones you want to rank. There is no need to redirect the tag pages.

sudeshna

Hello,

I can not get rankings for my site:http://www.redappletech.com/

what is wrong?

mobile app development company
android app development company

not in 100  in google.com for 7 months!! :o
  •  

anjali0222

The four sorts we'll talk about here are: Meta Keywords Attribute - A progression of watchwords you esteem pertinent to the page being referred to. Title Tag - This is the content you'll see at the highest point of your program. . Meta Description Attribute - A concise portrayal of the page.

clapcreative

Actually I am in search of writing related topics and by accidentally visit this website, you are doing an awesome work. I really loved this very much. Thank you so much for sharing here.

zaibakhan586

In SEO few years ago, the tag was powerful things to improve your website ranking. But because of lots of people are creating tags and manipulating search engine search...

...google stop paying attention on it.

it doesn't mean that Google won't rank to tag. It means that it gives important but less.