New to SEO, Need Advice on Link Building

Started by mhannor, 01-24-2017, 06:41:32

Previous topic - Next topic

mhannorTopic starter

Hey you guys,

I'm fairly new to SEO. I have my first website and want to begin trying to rank for it. I'm very technical, so building a website, on-page optimization, and the technical aspects have been really easy so far, but backlinking seems very daunting. Based off the countless of videos and online blog posts, I've read on the subject, there seems to be a lot of ways to get panalized, and I don't want that for this website.

I also see a lot of people saying to do guest post, but that doesnt make sense to, in doing keyword research, i have one competitor who has over  200 referring backlinks and about 240 regular bcklinks. Thats a good ratio from what I've been learning. I wanted to try to rank for the keyword, but writting 200+ guest articles would be so time consuming and that's only on 1 webpage, not considering I have about 6 webpages I want to rank over time. I do know ranking a webpage takes time and I don't mind that but I know I have to be approved by the owner of the blog, there is no guarentee I will get a backlink, so what are the ways in which companies and others are getting backlinks on a consistent basis?

Also, how do you rank a product/service page? I know its the same method of ranking a blog post, but wouldn't people see me backlinking to a service as spammy. These are the things that are confusion me. I desperately want to learn back linking, but I'm not sure what is safe to actually do. Can someone please help, I have done so much research and at this point, I need an actual person who can assist me.
?
I've also purchased ahrefs, so I see my competition, but I don't know how to get backlinks from what I see, please advise on what I can do? I'm really serious about learning backlinking.

Thanks so much for reading this post.
  •  

villadavid

The best way to rank on top of google is by sharing unique content. Linking to the websites high in authority and building links on anchor text of different phrases of your related niche will surely help you in getting on top.

hynds

As I know that SEO techniques have 2 parts, that are:
1. On page SEO
2. Off page SEO

With Off page SEO, we have many ways to do, and here i know some ways as listed below
1. Forum Post.
2. Directory Submission.
3. Article submission (Articles needs to provide)
4. Web 2.0 (Articles needs to provide)
5. Social Bookmarking
6. Search engine submit lac
7. Blog Comment
8. Ping
9. Wiki links
10. Guest Posting
11. Classified Posting etc

On-Page Search Engine Optimisation
1. Page Titles
2. Meta Descriptions
3. Meta Tags
4. URL Structure
5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
6. Keyword Density
7. Image SEO
8. Internal Linking

I hope this helps.

Đào tạo seo Mr Hieu

When starting seo, everyone will have problems backlink, I hope to share with you

Links you should build from quality sources: DA high index, forums related fields, keywords should be diversified, you should not spam keywords  !-! !-! !-!
khóa học seo [nofollow] | dạy seo tại nhà [nofollow]
  •  

hrishivardhan

Quote from: hynds on 02-08-2017, 00:35:02
As I know that SEO techniques have 2 parts, that are:
1. On page SEO
2. Off page SEO

With Off page SEO, we have many ways to do, and here i know some ways as listed below
1. Forum Post.
2. Directory Submission.
3. Article submission (Articles needs to provide)
4. Web 2.0 (Articles needs to provide)
5. Social Bookmarking
6. Search engine submit lac
7. Blog Comment
8. Ping
9. Wiki links
10. Guest Posting
11. Classified Posting etc

On-Page Search Engine Optimisation
1. Page Titles
2. Meta Descriptions
3. Meta Tags
4. URL Structure
5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
6. Keyword Density
7. Image SEO
8. Internal Linking

I hope this helps.

You do have a nice checklist. I will try to follow it.
Orderhive - Multichannel Order & Inventory Management Software
  •  

hynds

brentclark2003

Always start with the bread-and-butter stuff:

Get placement in the top directories: JoeAnt, Yahoo!, etc.. SEOMOZ has a great list of the best 500 on their site.
Go out and guest blog. You don't need a ton of posts - just a few over a month or two will get you kick-started.
Do a press release announcing the new site. Include a link.
Build a Facebook page for the site's brand. Search engines care about this stuff. A page will get chatter going, which can lead to third-hand links, plus there are ancillary benefits for SEO.
Put together a content plan. Produce 2-3 really top-notch pieces of link bait. You're going to have to do this right away. It takes time for a link bait campaign to catch. You need to get it going now, no "But that won't do anything for me right now" excuses.

braveluke

Quote from: brentclark2003 on 03-30-2017, 00:42:12
Always start with the bread-and-butter stuff:

Get placement in the top directories: JoeAnt, Yahoo!, etc.. SEOMOZ has a great list of the best 500 on their site.
Go out and guest blog. You don't need a ton of posts - just a few over a month or two will get you kick-started.
Do a press release announcing the new site. Include a link.
Build a Facebook page for the site's brand. Search engines care about this stuff. A page will get chatter going, which can lead to third-hand links, plus there are ancillary benefits for SEO.
Put together a content plan. Produce 2-3 really top-notch pieces of link bait. You're going to have to do this right away. It takes time for a link bait campaign to catch. You need to get it going now, no "But that won't do anything for me right now" excuses.

I recommend that you should follow these:
- Forum posting
- SOcial sharing
- Answer
- Blogging.

These steps are easy to follow and can get good backlinks.
I think it's more easier for somebody new to SEO to get the idea. xD

brentclark2003

Quote from: braveluke on 03-30-2017, 03:45:23
I recommend that you should follow these:
- Forum posting
- SOcial sharing
- Answer
- Blogging.

These steps are easy to follow and can get good backlinks.
I think it's more easier for somebody new to SEO to get the idea. xD
Thank you for your support, Can we make friend?

TechnoExponent

Quote from: hrishivardhan on 02-27-2017, 03:34:13
You do have a nice checklist. I will try to follow it.

Great answer. You have forgotten to mention press release. Therefore, I have discussed below advantage of Press release.

Press release one type of news site, if you launch any service or provide any special offer, then Press release is the best choice for promotion. It helps to get many visitors and reach to the many users through news alert or Google's alert.

A good press release link's increases your website's trust flow, citation flow as well as improve web site visibility. 
I am Avijit Roy Chowdhury. I am working at Techno Exponent for more than five years.
Techno Exponent is a leading web and mobile applications develop company in India. We have offices in Kolkata and
  •