How to track subdomains links?

Started by AnPeter90, 02-02-2017, 01:06:03

Previous topic - Next topic

AnPeter90Topic starter

Hello!

There is one problem, i wanna track added links for domain: site.com.
But i have subdamains, such as m.site.ru, go.site.com etc.
How can i track all domains in thise programm.
I see only one place where i should write major domain, but there is no words about subdomains.

Thx! :(
  •  

wellliving

To show the domain in the page reports, set a filter to include all components of the page URL, as follows:
1.In the View (Profile) Settings page, click the Add Filter link.
2.Choose Add New Filter and provide the filter a name.
3.Choose Custom Filter and select Advanced on the Filter type settings.4.
4.Under Advanced settings:

Michealyardy

On-page, set the Cookie Domain to 'auto.' This is the default setting for Universal Analytics, but must be explicitly set when implementing with Google Tag Manager. This allows hits from all subdomains to share the same first-party cookie, which allows Google Analytics to tell that they came from the same user.

friendhrm

There are two steps to track subdomains links

1) Set the Cookie Domain
2) Update Your Referral Exclusion List.

erieki

Under Preferences - Prospect Management - Anchor settings you may create anchor settings where you can specify any domain you wish to track. After that, you may assign that specific anchor setting to any prospect in your project and the software will verify whether this prospect has a link exactly to the domain that you indicated in Anchor Settings or not.

julia timpi

If you are tracking visitors on different subdomains but they all belong to the same main domain, you DO NOT need to implement Cross-domain tracking. That way, all subdomains will have access to the same _ga cookie. Use the same GA property for all subdomains.
  •  

rentkonim

There are several things to check/configure (and keep in mind) while tracking subdomains with Google Analytics.

1. First, configure/check the settings of cookieDomain parameter (set it to auto). By default, Google Analytics Settings Variable in GTM already uses that.

2. Then you will need to make sure that you use the same GA tracking property across all subdomains you are interested in.

3. You will need to add your main domain to the GA referral exclusion list. Go to GA Admin > Property Column > Tracking Info > Referral Exclusion List > Add Referral Exclusion. Enter your top domain there (if it isn't there already).

4. Finally, you will need to (optionally) implement the Show Full URL filter in the GA view. This way, you will see both the Domain and the Page Path in your reports.

Go to GA Admin > A view where you want to implement this > Filters
  •