Diagnose of broken Links

Started by Sap Solution, 02-22-2017, 07:23:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Sap SolutionTopic starter

How can we diagnose broken links of our website ?

therealaleech

An easy way (using Google Chrome) is to install Check My Links and run it on the page you're checking.

You can also us things like brokenlinkcheck.com.

If you have Screaming Frog, you can check through the domain for all the internal links. Screaming Frog shows you the status of all the links.
Life is fatal, don't make it futile.
  •  

envigodigital

I use xenu link analysis tool. Its a executable tool on my system and does not depend on online sites. provides decent reports as well.

sharmaroshni

5 Tools To Check For Broken Links
LinkChecker
W3C Link Checker
Google Webmaster Tools
Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Xenu's Link Sleuth.

riyaarora1266

I use
Google Analytics
Xenu
newbielink:https://www.perfectprofile.net/search-jobs/seo-jobs-in-hyderabad [nonactive]
  •  

hrishivardhan

In generally uses check my link extention. and would like to advise you for the same. it is one of the most useful extension I have ever used.
Orderhive - Multichannel Order & Inventory Management Software
  •  

hoangrapsoul

Google webmaster Tools is the best online tool to find out broken link to your site. You have to add your site on the web-master tool and then you can access everything like traffic, keywords ranking, site status, site issues (broken link, server error etc) You can manage your site issue from web-master tool.

There are also given some tools like

- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- W3C Link Checker
- LinkChecker
- ahref
- semrush and many more.

hynds

Quote from: hoangrapsoul on 03-10-2017, 00:25:36
Google webmaster Tools is the best online tool to find out broken link to your site. You have to add your site on the web-master tool and then you can access everything like traffic, keywords ranking, site status, site issues (broken link, server error etc) You can manage your site issue from web-master tool.

There are also given some tools like

- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- W3C Link Checker
- LinkChecker
- ahref
- semrush and many more.

Thanks. I usually use GWT for my checking. It's totally free and worth to use.

steffidsouza46

Broken links can negatively affect your user experience and rankings. Use our powerful broken link checker tool to find & fix broken links on your website.
There is lot many tool is there in market to find out the broken link and to fix them.
1. Ahrefs
2. Google Web master
3. SEMRUSH:
4. Free link Checker
5. W3C Link Checker

priya456

Broken links on your website can be harmful in two ways:

They make for a bad user experience
– When users click on links and reach dead-end 404 errors, they get frustrated and may never return.
They devalue your SEO efforts – Broken links restrict the flow of link equity throughout your site, which impacts rankings negatively.
To avoid these potential pitfalls, you should periodically check for broken links on your entire website. If you're wondering how to do this, you're not alone.

Google Analytics is a great free tool for tracking website performance, and it's also helpful for easily finding broken links. First, log into your Google Analytics account and set the evaluation period for the amount of time you want to look at. If you check for broken links monthly, set the period for the month since your last check.