How to check backlink of my blog?

Started by Christi Smith, 03-02-2017, 04:01:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Christi SmithTopic starter

Hello Friends,

I want to check number of backlinks of my WordPress and Blogspot blog, can you please suggest me how can I check? Is there any tool which can be used?
Memorials4u - Manufacturer, Importer & Exporter of beautifully designed Cremation Urns
  •  

Christi SmithTopic starter

You can check the number of backlinks to your WordPress and Blogspot blogs using various online tools and services. Here are some popular options:

1. **Google Search Console:** If you have your blog verified in Google Search Console, you can find information about your website's backlinks under the "Links" section. It provides data on both internal and external links to your site.

2. **Ahrefs:** Ahrefs is a powerful SEO tool that allows you to check backlinks to your website. They offer a free backlink checker tool that provides basic information, or you can subscribe to their premium service for more detailed data.

3. **Moz Link Explorer:** Moz offers a Link Explorer tool that can help you analyze backlinks to your blog. It provides valuable insights into the quality and quantity of backlinks.

4. **Semrush:** Semrush is another comprehensive SEO tool that offers a backlink analysis feature. You can use their Backlink Analytics tool to check backlinks to your blog.

5. **Ubersuggest:** Ubersuggest is a free SEO tool that provides basic backlink information, including the number of backlinks, referring domains, and more.

### Google Search Console:

1. **Accessing Backlink Data:**
   - Log in to your [Google Search Console](https://search.google.com/search-console/).
   - Select the property (website) you want to check.
   - Navigate to "Links" in the left-hand menu.
   - Click on "External Links" to see backlink data.

### Interpreting Backlink Data:

- **Number of Backlinks:** This represents the total count of external websites linking to your blog.

- **Referring Domains:** Indicates the number of unique domains that have at least one link pointing to your site. A higher number of referring domains can be beneficial.

- **Anchor Text:** Look at the anchor text of the backlinks. Diverse and relevant anchor texts contribute positively to SEO.

- **Quality of Backlinks:** Not all backlinks are equal. Assess the authority of the websites linking to you. High-quality, authoritative sites are more valuable.

- **New and Lost Links:** Monitor changes over time. An increase in new links is positive, while a significant loss of links may warrant investigation.

If you're using Ahrefs to check your backlinks, here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it:

### Using Ahrefs:

1. **Visit Ahrefs Website:**
   - Go to the [Ahrefs website](https://ahrefs.com/).

2. **Enter Your Blog URL:**
   - On the Ahrefs homepage, you'll find a search bar. Enter the URL of your WordPress or Blogspot blog and hit Enter.

3. **Explore Backlink Overview:**
   - In the dashboard, look for the "Backlink" or "Backlink Profile" section.
   - Here, you'll find information on referring domains, backlinks, and other relevant metrics.

4. **Analyze Referring Domains:**
   - Check the number of referring domains. A higher number from diverse sources is generally positive.

5. **Review Anchor Texts:**
   - Examine the anchor texts used in backlinks. Relevant and diverse anchor texts are beneficial for SEO.

6. **Check New and Lost Backlinks:**
   - Explore the new and lost backlinks sections. This helps you understand recent changes in your backlink profile.

### Additional Tips:

- **Disavow Harmful Links:**
  - If you find spammy or low-quality backlinks, consider using Google's Disavow Tool to disassociate your site from them.

- **Regular Monitoring:**
  - Schedule periodic checks to monitor your backlink profile. This helps you stay informed about any changes and take corrective actions if needed.

here's some more information on using Semrush to check your backlinks:

### Using Semrush:

1. **Visit Semrush Website:**
   - Go to the [Semrush website](https://www.semrush.com/).

2. **Create or Log In to Your Account:**
   - If you have a Semrush account, log in. If not, you can sign up for a free or premium account.

3. **Access Backlink Analytics:**
   - Once you're logged in, find the "Backlink Analytics" feature. It's typically located in the main dashboard or under the "Link Building" section.

4. **Enter Your Blog's URL:**
   - Enter the URL of your WordPress or Blogspot blog into the provided search bar and click "Search."

5. **Review Backlink Data:**
   - Semrush will generate a report with detailed information about your backlinks, including the number of backlinks, referring domains, anchor texts, and more.

6. **Analyze Backlink Quality:**
   - Pay attention to the quality of backlinks. Semrush often provides a metric like "Domain Authority" to help you assess the authority of referring domains.

7. **Explore Competitors:**
   - Semrush allows you to compare your backlink profile with competitors. This can provide insights into where you stand in your niche.

8. **Set Up Alerts:**
   - You can set up alerts in Semrush to receive notifications about new backlinks or changes in your backlink profile.

### Additional Tips:

- **Regular Monitoring:**
  - Continuously monitor your backlinks to stay updated on any changes. This helps you identify opportunities for improvement.

- **Disavow Harmful Links:**
  - If you discover low-quality or spammy backlinks, consider using Google's Disavow Tool to disassociate your site from them.

Quote from: Sap Solution on 03-02-2017, 09:12:52
You can check links detail from Google webmaster tool and also there are a lot of tools that can give details of links that are created your website

I checked webmaster tools, to know number of backlink for my blog. But I can't find any backlinks, I have promoted the content through Social Bookmarking, Directory Submission, Image Submission, etc. But non of those links are visible as backlink in webmaster tool.

Can you tell me the possible reason for the same.
Memorials4u - Manufacturer, Importer & Exporter of beautifully designed Cremation Urns
  •  

itsjohnthronton

You can use a lot of free and paid services. I am listing a few of them below which I use myself.

Free:

OpenLinkProfiler(dot)org
SmallSEOTools(dot)com
Majestic(dot)com

Paid:

Semrush(dot)com
Ahrefs(dot)com

SEO.Ninja

There are so many tools available in the market to check the backlinks of a Blog.
1. SmallSEOtools
2. Moz.com
3. Opensiteexplorer
4. Backlinkwatch
5. Ranksignals

hoangrapsoul

At Mondovo.com we have a link research tool where you can search for current, recent and lost links to your site and from the report you get, you can then filter them by various criteria and group them by "from page"/"c-class"/"country"/"ip"/"tld"/etc. Do check it out.

hynds

There're many guys out there that you can use to check backlinks such as below:

Free: freetools at webmasterworld, backlinkwatch, smallseotools, metricbuzz,...
Paid: ahref, moz, seoprofiler,...

I hope this helps.

TomClarke

I use different types of backlink checkers but one of them saves a lot of my time - Ahrefs(dot)com
This is a paid service and costs a lot but for me it's better to spend money than waste time!

TechnoExponent

Add your Wordpress Google webmaster tools then copy HTML verification code and paste it into the Wordpress. After the click on the save button your account will be verified.

Blogspot is a Google's product. Therefore, when you add your Blogspot URL then your website will be verified.

In additional, you can get backlines using various types of tools as like semrush, ahrefs, backlinkwatch, small seo tools, majestic seo tools, webmeup, ranksignals, moz, etc.
I am Avijit Roy Chowdhury. I am working at Techno Exponent for more than five years.
Techno Exponent is a leading web and mobile applications develop company in India. We have offices in Kolkata and
  •  

sharmaroshni

Best Online Backlink Checker Tools
⦁    SEMRUSH: Most popular with multiple features
⦁    AHrefs: Recommended for link detox
⦁    OpenLinkProfiler: Best completely free option available for checking links to your site.
⦁    BuzzSumo
⦁    BackLinkWatch: Free but not so accurate
⦁    Open Site Explorer:
⦁    Link Diagnosis:
Utilize these tools to find out backlinks fo my backlink.

Neo_5678

There is lot of website and tools are available for checking website backlinks but the question is which one is batter. Here I'm going to share you my backlinks checker tools.

1) webmaster tool
2) SEO spyglass tool
3) backlink watcher

These are totally free and give you best result.