Do Backlinks Still Boost Up Ranking?

Started by itsjohnthronton, 03-03-2017, 06:27:30

Previous topic - Next topic

eurus

It takes 10 weeks on average to see 1 rank jump.
More links do have a more immediate effect. I promoted some material that got me around 20 links to one of his pages, which was being outranked by other pages with about 6 more inbound links. It took my page 5–10 weeks to move from #9 to #5.
It seems that each link has a small to medium effect initially, but that effect increases over time. If you add a lot of links at once, you're not only going to see faster results, you're going to see much bigger results over time.

The lower the rank, the more effect a link has
The pages that I observed that were already ranking on the first page of SERPs didn't show much of a rankings increase with one link, barely moving over one spot in 22 weeks. In contrast, pages ranking on the second or deeper pages of SERPs took off after 8–9 weeks.

Higher DA will move the needle faster
Unsurprisingly, a higher DA will have a bigger effect — in fact, you can see that the average rank change for a page that got a link from a site with a DA below 25 actually dropped after 13 weeks, then recovered to barely two ranks up.
  •  

samyakonline

Yes, Google (Search Engines) takes notes of dofollow links and figures how many users are linking to your page in order to get how really good the page is. The more and more quality dofollow links you have, the more points you will get from search engines. The foremost way to give the follow link is to use the keyword as the anchor text.
SEO Company in India..!! http://www.samyakonline.net
  •  

surya kumar

Yup the backlinks will always boost if you got it from high quality authoritative site. It definitely works. Try to get from guest posts from GA sites relevant to your niche. Social media is much efficient   for traffic generation and backlinks too.
  •  

ronaldallanp

Backlinks is the obviously an important factor in ranking. Backlinks and great content boost authority that's why you will never see a cheap website on the first page of google SERPS.
How to start a blog and make money, visit blogtrainee.com
For android tips, visit androidscrib.com
  •  

David910

I think backlinks still have an important role to play in ranking websites just after content. The linking strategies that I am using: Forum, Web 2.0, Blog, social bookmarking, etc

Linkbuilding-Seo

Backlinks are still and without any doubt the number 1 ranking factor on Google.

Ofcause there are other metrics that are important, but without links you wont be anywhere to find in the searchresults.

Christi Smith

Without any doubt yes, backlinks are still helpful but quality links and not quantity of links. So try to get backlinks from niche website. As of now Content Marketing is one of the most effective technique to increase the traffic, ranking and to improve the online presence of the website.
Memorials4u - Manufacturer, Importer & Exporter of beautifully designed Cremation Urns
  •  

Linkbuilding-Seo

To this day backlinks are still the number one ranking factor on Google :)

steffidsouza46

Backlinks remain an extremely important Google ranking factor. Your content can boost shares, which should therefore improve Google rankings.We found that title tag keyword usage still slightly correlates with rankings.

Hostingsafety

yes, Exactly it is  helpful to boost up the website ranking, by following competitors back-links.
  •