Main domain vs Sub domains

Started by vinoth seo, 03-16-2017, 00:31:16

Previous topic - Next topic

vinoth seoTopic starter

im doing seo for my client his website was created by zencart.. my doubt is www.domain.com is main domain under this main domain there are 5 subdomain
(for ex)   

Main Domain
www.domain.com (200 clicks)

Sub Domains
abc.domain.com (100 clicks)
bbc.domain.com (150 clicks)
ccc.domain.com(50 clicks)
ddd.domain.com(50 clicks)
eee.domain.com (100 clicks)

Above are all my main and sub domains with their individual clicks.

I have added my main doamain and subdomains separetly in webmaster tool. Now i'm able to see the clicks of main domain and subdomain clicks separetly.

My question is how should i see the total click's in my entire site, which includes my main and 5 subdomains.

In simple words, where should i see the total number of clicks are 650. ? ?

Can anyone please clarify my doubt ?
  •  

wellliving

you can not get the total number of clicks of your main domain and sub domain from webmaster tool and google analytic tool. Because sub domains are completely separate from main domain. So both tool will give a separate clicks and other traffic details for each sub domains and main domain. you can combine all the domains clicks as total clicks.

SEO.Ninja

Here main domain means Domain like abc.com, abc.net, abc.co.in etc. and sub domain like xyz.abc.com, 123.abc.net. There are times when subdomains are necessary to keep large domains from becoming mass confusion within their navigation and various websites.The most common time we see a possible need for a subdomain with small business owners is for their blogs, but this decision should be based specifically on the main focus of the blog.

PrimoPierotz

I can get the total number (www + sudomain) using Google Analytics! I have put the same code in the main domain e in subdomain and it works! Is it strange?

damponting44

That's it. But since I don't expect everyone to know what the heck I just said, I'm going to explain. Remember, don't think you're stupid for not knowing this! You can't magically know everything, you have to learn it, and there are people like me who want to help you. Where the confusion kicks in isn't that we call it a 'subdomain' but that the official definition is "a subdomain is a domain that is part of a larger domain."

muteeb

Professional Content Writing with SEO Guidelines
Course Description:
Understanding Main Domain vs. Subdomains in Web Development
Course Overview:
This course provides an in-depth exploration of the differences between main domains and subdomains in the context of web development and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Students will learn the significance of domain structure, how to effectively utilize main domains and subdomains, and their implications for website organization, branding, and SEO strategies.
Course Duration: 6 weeks
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of web development and SEO concepts.
Course Objectives:
Understand the fundamentals of domain structure and hierarchy.
Differentiate between main domains and subdomains and their respective purposes.
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of using main domains and subdomains.
Learn best practices for organizing content and managing websites with main domains and subdomains.
Analyze the impact of domain structure on branding, user experience, and SEO.
Implement effective SEO strategies for main domains and subdomains to improve search engine visibility and rankings.
Course Outline:
Week 1: Introduction to Domain Structure
Understanding domain names, URLs, and DNS (Domain Name System).
Exploring the hierarchical structure of domains.
Overview of top-level domains (TLDs) and domain extensions.
Week 2: Main Domains
Definition and characteristics of main domains.
Importance of choosing a relevant and memorable main domain.
Registering, purchasing, and managing main domains.
Considerations for main domain branding and identity.
Week 3: Subdomains
Definition and purpose of subdomains.
Examples of common uses for subdomains.
Creating and configuring subdomains.
Subdomain vs. subdirectory: considerations and best practices.
Week 4: Pros and Cons of Main Domains and Subdomains
Advantages and disadvantages of using main domains.
Advantages and disadvantages of using subdomains.
Case studies and examples illustrating the benefits and limitations of each.
Week 5: Website Organization and Management
Strategies for organizing content with main domains and subdomains.
Best practices for managing multiple websites and subdomains.
Tools and platforms for website management and administration.
Week 6: SEO Considerations
Impact of domain structure on SEO.
SEO best practices for main domains.
SEO best practices for subdomains.
Implementing SEO strategies to maximize visibility and rankings.
Assessment:
Weekly quizzes to test understanding of course concepts.
Final project: Develop a website structure incorporating main domains and subdomains, along with an accompanying SEO strategy.
Conclusion:
By the end of this course, students will have a comprehensive understanding of main domains vs. subdomains and their implications for website organization, branding, and SEO. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions regarding domain structure and implement effective SEO strategies to enhance website visibility and performance.

This course would provide students with valuable insights into domain management and SEO practices, preparing them for careers in web development, digital marketing, and online business management.
  •