My website pages are indexed by google and doesn't show results on serp

Started by mariya, 03-17-2017, 01:11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

mariyaTopic starter

My website pages are indexed by google, I have some set of keywords and target to different pages of my website. But I have a problem of one of the webpage, which means when I search on google with keywords it will show the home page only, I couldn't able to find the my exact page from anywhere in google serp.
In my website having 2 pages with the same content. because of these only it doesn't show the result or any other reason behind this.
Please any one help me to fix this problem.

wellliving

It could be that the other page isn't indexed.  Or Google feels your home page is a better page.

Check this out:

Site Not Doing Well in Search: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/34444?hl=en

airventsindia

You will find plenty of information there including a tool to check how your pages are seen by the Googlebot.

Possibilities:

robots.txt may be blocking indexing of those pages. You will see if this is the case under Crawl Errors.
Googlebot is not seeing the content. You can test this by giving an exact URL see what the bot sees.
That page has not been found due to lack of links, confusing links, etc. You can submit a sitemap through the Webmaster Tools to help the Googlebot.
  •  

towertech

Hi,

You need to focus on your website content and create high authority backlinks for your website in order to get Good SERP.

Thanks

JackyN

Hi, I met the same issue like you and figured out why. All you need to to is following my sugession :).
- Firstly, look at the page that you want to be shown on search engine. for examples your expected url instead of home page.
- Second: Make a new meta description for that pages, describe exactly what is that pages about: for example: products or services..
- Lastly, you make changes in meta description for the home pages: for example, let search engine know that your home pages is a company or a product supplier, a brand name instead of the products/ services.
Off course, i guess you have unique title for each page. If not, make it unique.
good luck.

sarahmaxwell789

First of all check whether that particular page is properly indexed by Google or not. If not go to your search console and manually index the URL from "Fetch as Google" option.
After that set up a "canonical tag" for the page which you want to rank in Google, from the two pages with the same content.

surya kumar

Quote from: wellliving on 03-19-2017, 22:44:02
It could be that the other page isn't indexed.  Or Google feels your home page is a better page.

Check this out:

Site Not Doing Well in Search: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/34444?hl=en
As you quoted it seems your pages not just indexed too, then how will it get ranks in SERPs
  •  

David910

- Google has not indexed your website yet (too new)
- Your website isn't optimized for search engine crawling
- Your keyword market is very competitive
- Your website has "no index" tags
- Your website has been penalized and removed from Google

RosaJBrassell

Although your site has been indexed, If your site rank is low then it doesn't show on SERP of course. What you should do is do SEO activities to increase your site rank. Good luck!

anilkh7058

:)
  •