Google is still caching old redirected pages

Started by rbl, 04-03-2017, 05:54:28

Previous topic - Next topic

rblTopic starter

Hi

About 3-4 months ago I made a structual change to some of my URLs. I then made a 301 redirect from the old URLs to the new URLs, so everything should work fine.

The problem is that google is still indexing and caching the old URLs, even though they do not exist (they are 301 redirected).

Try this search in google:

site:www.fedttoej.dk/kvinde/Kjoler/Kjoler/maerker/0-78?make=Gestuz

Then you can see that most of the pages including "0-78?make=" in the link were cached recently.
But if you click on the links, they redirect correctly (and have done so for the last 3 months).

So now all these pages are indexed twice.

Is there a way to fix this?

Manually removing each URL is not an option - there are thousands of these URLs :-)

Thanks
Rasmus
  •  

David910

If you have added 301 redirect then no need to worry about these pages automatically removed from Google searches.
    Or if you wan to block access to every URL that contains a question mark "?" then add below in your robots.txt file that will work for sure.
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /*?

Yuga

You can always fix this issue – together with all caching problems – by clearing all of your browser cache in the following way: Menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Privacy, then click on Clear browsing data.