Site listing in DMOZ

Started by itraider, 05-23-2010, 17:21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

itraiderTopic starter

I had DMOZ listing when I was hosting with Yahoo GeoCities. When they closed the free service, I have moved to another free hosting service and the site is not getting listed. I am writing this after around four months of waiting. any suggestions?
The content of the site is improved and the context is maintained well.
  •  

Newyorklimous

DMOZ does not have an show service just like other professional internet directories. However, there are several things you can do to help facilitate overview of your distribution. First, adhere to the distribution recommendations properly.
New York limousine services offered by New York Limo US are wonderful and will go well your budget. You will also get a number of additional services.
  •  

PrimoPierotz

I think that to be listed in DMOZ you need to be lucky (among other things).
I also had a "bad" quality site got listed and a better quality site not accepted.
Maybe the only thing you can do is to re-propose the site...

RH-Calvin

DMOZ (from directory.mozilla.org, an earlier domain name) is a multilingual open-content directory of World Wide Web links. The site and community who maintain it are also known as the Open Directory Project (ODP). It is owned by AOL but constructed and maintained by a community of volunteer editors.

vishal pandit

Get Your Site Listed. The Open Directory Project, also called the ODP or DMOZ, is probably the single most important internet directory. Its listings are used by Google, and by many other search engines and directories large and small, all over the internet.

•  

damponting44

etting accepted is a little bit harder, but definitely doable.  The first step is to find the category that best describes your website.  At the bottom of that category you will see a link that says "Volunteer to edit this category."  This will take you to the next page which gives you tips and advice on applying to become an editor.

georgebell

DMOZ (from directory.mozilla.org, an earlier domain name) was a multilingual open-content directory of World Wide Web links. The site and community who maintained it were also known as the Open Directory Project (ODP).

dark404

there is a way to guarantee that your site will be included in the DMOZ directory quickly: become a DMOZ editor for the category in which you have applied to have your website listed. Applying to become a DMOZ editor is easy. Getting accepted is a little bit harder, but definitely doable.

f1dark

there is a method for ensuring that your webpage will be remembered for the DMOZ catalog rapidly: become a DMOZ supervisor for the classification where you have applied to have your site recorded. Applying to turn into a DMOZ manager is simple. Getting acknowledged is somewhat more diligently, yet most certainly possible

Mala123

Getting listed in DMOZ directory is not an easy task. I have submitted many websites but still now i didn't get any response. So its better to focus on other quality methods to get link.
  •