Can Spam Bot Traffic Damage Search Rankings?

Started by sarahmaxwell789, 04-11-2017, 03:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahmaxwell789Topic starter

Looking for some SEO advice here.

From a few weeks there is a lot of direct traffic to my website from "digital ocean inc." services provider. All the sessions are new and the bounce rate is 100%. Though I've added a filter in GA to avoid these numbers to show up on my Analytics reports, I was wondering whether this bot traffic has any adverse effect on my sites Google rankings (because of it's high bounce rate etc..,).   

deekumar0203

From a few weeks there is a lot of direct traffic to my website from "digital ocean inc." services provider. All the sessions are new and the bounce rate is 100%. Though I've added a filter in GA to avoid these numbers to show up on my Analytics reports, I was wondering whether this bot traffic has any adverse effect on my sites Google rankings (because of it's high bounce rate etc..,).

wellliving

You mean to say there will be no effect because of this ? But as per my knowledge its always advised to maintain a low bounce rate. So if my bounce rate is 100% for all the sessions caused by these bot traffic, is it not going to hurt my rankings?? can you please clarify on the same.

sarahmaxwell789Topic starter

Quote from: wellliving on 04-16-2017, 22:24:02
You mean to say there will be no effect because of this ? But as per my knowledge its always advised to maintain a low bounce rate. So if my bounce rate is 100% for all the sessions caused by these bot traffic, is it not going to hurt my rankings?? can you please clarify on the same.
Did you even read your answer? I don't think so.  :'( cause its the same answer (question actually  :)) )  on other forum which was asked by me. 

Post Merge: 04-17-2017, 02:07:34

Quote from: deekumar0203 on 04-13-2017, 00:54:19
what you want to say by replying to my question with my question itself  :-X

surya kumar

It affects min time user spending on site is less means your site is not a user friendly and google thinks it's spam if your site bounce rates keeps on increasing talk to your service provider. And focus on content and which page on which more users are coming and check what are possible reasons they getting away from your site. make updations and try to sit user for much  time on your site.
  •  

hynds

Any kind of spam will be harmful on your site. Especially with spam traffic, your bounce rate is 100% then Google will treat that your site's content is very poor and maybe will penalize you in the future.