Apart from research, what else is important for SEO?

Started by Aline Ferreira, 04-17-2017, 12:57:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Aline FerreiraTopic starter

Working in the SEO industry for the last five years, I have experienced a lot of ups and downs. When penalties were first introduced by Google, there was a lot to learn. At that point of time, SEO was completely restructured to what it is today. Prior to Google penalties, SEO was all about backlinks. Introduction of Google penalties changed the direction of SEO and it is now more like an integral part of digital marketing which is based on quality content, social signals, number of backlinks and a hundreds of other factors. This proved vital for user experience as it filtered the results for all the queries. This is urged people to work on quality rather than linking. This made research an important part of SEO. So research is one thing that every SEO should focus on from the very start.

This is my personal experience that I have attained while working for the reputed SEO companies [nofollow]. I would like to know the experiences of all other SEO experts. Apart from research, what else is important for SEO as per the newest trends and algorithms?
  •  

deekumar0203

Today, it seems content marketing is the most important aspects to SEO. Actually, the most important part is good quality content. It could be an article or blog. Blogs are the most popular form of content. As you can express your thoughts and opinions about things. If you tag your blog and use certain keywords, when someone uses the proper keyword, your blog will show up on the first page of search results or SERP.

Don't focus too much on backlinks. Instead, just keep your thoughts on providing good quality content. The content must provide information that someone can use. Google and other search engines are getting tight these days. They are favoring quality or quantity.

If I were to sum it up this way, focus on the correct keyword you want people to search for, and write good content using that keyword.

wellliving

Well, I think you answered your own questions. There are a hundred other facts that influence SEO. All of them are important and need to be addressed.
Proper research of both keywords, niche and competition is highly important. I would add to the list on-page SEO optimization and of course the most important of them all: backlinks building - meaning outreach, this is what I believe is the most important thing in SEO, developing relationships to get backlinks, increase your authority and get more traffic.