Apache or Litespeed web server?

Started by Chersont, 06-20-2017, 03:28:39

Previous topic - Next topic

ChersontTopic starter

Hello There!
I have discovered recently that hostwinds offer ssd servers in US?
Is litespeed faster than Apache web server? Is SSD faster than hdd hosting?
If that is true - please share your thoughts regarding their services there?
  •  

Herstin

I know that HostWinds have good reputation for providing super fast speed connectivity. This is due to their Litespeed server and SSD storage.
It has fantastic prices on their hosting packages. Nice selection of included scripts, Cpanel, MySQL control panel, and many others that the high priced sites do not offer or support. Definitely a site to recommend!
'Dream' as if you'll live forever..Live as if tomorrow is last one...
  •  

Franburgs

Yes, Hostwinds does offer SSD servers in the US.

In terms of web servers, LiteSpeed is generally known to be faster than Apache. LiteSpeed is specifically designed to handle high traffic websites more efficiently and can often provide better performance compared to Apache. However, the actual difference in speed may vary depending on various factors such as the specific configuration and workload of your website.

When it comes to hosting, SSD (Solid State Drive) hosting is generally faster than HDD (Hard Disk Drive) hosting. SSDs have significantly faster data access times, which results in faster loading times for your website and improved overall performance.

Regarding Hostwinds' services, it's important to consider factors beyond just hardware specifications. It's always a good idea to research and read reviews about their customer support, reliability, uptime guarantees, and pricing plans to ensure they align with your specific needs and requirements.

details about Hostwinds' services:

1. Customer Support: Hostwinds provides 24/7 customer support through live chat, ticket system, and phone. They claim to have a responsive and knowledgeable support team that can assist with any issues or inquiries you may have.

2. Reliability: Hostwinds offers a 99.999% uptime guarantee, which means they strive to maintain a highly reliable hosting environment. This ensures that your website will be accessible to visitors without frequent downtime.

3. Pricing Plans: Hostwinds offers a variety of hosting plans, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, and cloud hosting. They provide scalable options so you can easily upgrade or downgrade your hosting plan as your needs change. Pricing plans are competitively priced, but it's important to compare the specific features and resources included in each plan to find the best fit for your requirements.

4. Scalability and Flexibility: Hostwinds allows you to customize your hosting environment by choosing the server location, operating system, control panel, and other configurations based on your preferences. This flexibility enables you to optimize your hosting setup to meet your unique needs.

I am extremely happy with the site builder and the control panel. It makes it so easy to build a website- that even someone like me, who has no web experience whatsoever, can do so. The templates look very nice and the builder is very easy to use. Since I started with hostwinds.com, I also haven't had any problems with my site being down or anything like that.
  •  

Lisbently

Use the coupon code: 50OFF16 for 50% off their first month.

The price is attractive. They even have nice scripting extras and spamassassin.
So overall, the hosting has been good. Recommended! Hostwinds.com will serve your demands.

Nickindred

Like their FB page: facebook.com/hostwinds

I paid via paypal, their support helped me with setup and offered me free website builder with a list of unique templates to choose from - this is a great plus for them.
Well, as for their network and server uptime - superb, my site is up and I am glad. Hostwinds service gets DOUBLE THUMBS UP!
  •