How to rank keywords for a particular location?

Started by sarahmaxwell789, 06-23-2017, 01:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

localflavourstours

A couple of things I would suggest:
- Do google business listing and verify your business location.
- Submit your site to local business directory
- Post classified in targeted locations

SeoServicesKC

This is hard to do *without* mentioning the location name, and I would strongly advise to at least have the location name in the Meta Title and once or twice on the page.

Another strategy would be to build links over time pointing to the page you want to rank with the city or state name in the anchor text of the link.
Owner of SEO Services KC in Kansas City, MO
SEO & Kansas City Digital Marketing Expert
  •  

mvminfotech

If you want to get results in search engine from a specific country or city, then you should work with local SEO practices. Here are the most important techniques of SEO to target a specific area or location:

Submit your website in local business directories
Use location in website content / Make footer and mention your full address with target city or country
Submit the site on Google maps and places to target your specific area
Make your website backlinks on those sites which contain good Alexa rank and the majority of traffic comes from the particular location where you need to get results

venkatweetz

Quote from: Neo_5678 on 06-28-2017, 06:48:06
If you are targeting particular city, state or country then put that particular location name on your title, description and also on your content. after that start get a backlinks from that local hosted website.

Local Host means, if i target london, should i build links on website which hosted in london or who run business in london?

JeremyElectrical

I would strongly recommend at least having the location name in the Meta Title and Meta Description of the Page, and then maybe get creative with mentioning it once or twice on page. "Founded in X City" or "Based out of X State" for example.
I am the owner of Jeremy Electrical.
24/7 Kansas City Electrician | Overland Park Electrician
  •  

HeritageLawnsKC

You can make sure your website has local busines schema on it and then mention your city in your meta title, both of these are not on-page content, and won't show to a visitor.
Owner of Heritage Lawns & Irrigation
Kansas City Lawn Care | Best Olathe Lawn Care
  •  

KyraKakkar

You can rank the website for using local search engine optimization techniques like classified ad submission, local social bookmarking.

AaliyaAnubhav

DO Local search optimization like submission to classified websites, local directories for optimizing for local listings.

hariandro001

Quote from: sarahmaxwell789 on 06-23-2017, 01:19:48
How to rank keywords for a particular location i.e city or state without mentioning the location name within the keywords? And what should be the work strategy?

Use keyword targeting strategy
Add that particular city or state name in Meta Title Tags, Meta description tags & inside the content.

For Eg: You are post about Best Engineering Colleges. If you want to target United States location keywords. You should add that keyword in your Title like

Best Engineering Colleges in United States
:)
  •  

Christi Smith

Quote from: sarahmaxwell789 on 06-23-2017, 01:19:48
How to rank keywords for a particular location i.e city or state without mentioning the location name within the keywords? And what should be the work strategy?

It's strange that you are promoting digital marketing company and still asking this question? Anyways, following Local SEO strategy will help you to rank your website in specific location even after not mentioning location in keyword. Provided you need to target location in your targeting page.
Memorials4u - Manufacturer, Importer & Exporter of beautifully designed Cremation Urns
  •