Pinterest backlinks are no more dofollow?

Started by PrimoPierotz, 07-03-2017, 15:12:27

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimoPierotzTopic starter

Hi everyone,

I noticed today that those backlinks from pinterest that were dofollow until a few weeks ago are now nofollow.
Since when? Do you know?
Do you think that this is temporary or that Pinterest is no more a ground for link building?

Thanks!

RH-Calvin

Not sure if this is temporary or permanent as we didn't receive any notice from Pinterest regarding this update. But still if Pinterest is offering no follow backlinks it will be helpful to drive good traffic from them and build our website popularity in search engines.

Thank you! I am receiving some traffic indeed! :)

Emmaballet20

I may be wrong but I check pinterest.com & see still links are Do follow on pinterest.

berto

I wonder some of the people are using Pinterest for backlinking purposes only it only shows that they are greedy to manipulate the rankings. Unfortunately its useless because Pinterest is already aware of the spammers.
  •  

sharonjones

Yes, Pinterest is giving NoFollow links now, But it's still good as you can get relevant traffic from there who are interested in your niche/business.
I don't think Pinterest is going back to giving DoFollow links.

Quote from: berto on 09-18-2017, 22:07:28
I wonder some of the people are using Pinterest for backlinking purposes only it only shows that they are greedy to manipulate the rankings. Unfortunately its useless because Pinterest is already aware of the spammers.

I obviously do not use Pinterest only for backlinking purposes, but dofollow backlinks would have helped!