Title tag not displayed in the tab bar of my browser

Started by mariya, 08-28-2017, 06:33:33

Previous topic - Next topic

mariyaTopic starter

I gave some title name in my title tag on my website.when I open my website in google chrome, title tag not displayed in the tab bar of my browser what ever I gave.It will show some other title. Did I do something wrong? thanks in advance for your response.
My website is unite.care

PrimoPierotz

Seeing your website I suppose you solved your problem, Mariya?

saravanan28

It is possible that you have not set the title tag correctly in your website's HTML code. To display the correct title in the tab bar of your browser, ensure that you have included the <title> tag within the <head> section of your HTML code. The text you provide within the <title> tag should appear as the title of your webpage. If you have done this correctly and are still experiencing issues, it is recommended to check if there are any conflicting tags or scripts that may be overriding your title tag.

If you have properly set the title tag in your HTML code but it's still not displaying correctly in the tab bar of your browser, there could be a few possible reasons for this:

1. Cached version: Your browser may have cached an older version of your website, including the previous title tag. Clear your browser cache and try reloading the page to see if the updated title appears.

2. Browser settings: Some browsers, like Google Chrome, have a feature that displays a shortened version of the title in the tab bar if it exceeds a certain length. Make sure your title is within the character limit specified by the browser, typically around 60 characters.

3. Other meta tags: There might be other meta tags, such as an Open Graph or Twitter Card tag, that overrides the title tag in specific scenarios. Check if any other meta tags in your HTML code are conflicting with the desired title display.

4. SEO plugins or CMS settings: If you are using a content management system (CMS) or SEO plugins, they might have their own settings for customizing titles. Double-check if any of these settings are overriding your title tag.

here are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check for HTML errors: Validate your HTML code using an HTML validator tool to ensure there are no syntax errors or missing tags in your code. Sometimes, even small errors can cause unexpected issues.

2. Test in different browsers: Open your website in different browsers (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Edge) to see if the issue persists across all of them. This can help determine if the problem is specific to one browser or if it is more widespread.

3. Inspect page source: Right-click on your webpage and select "Inspect" (or similar options depending on the browser) to open the developer tools. Look at the page source to verify that your title tag is correctly set and that no other elements are overriding it.

4. Consider server-side caching: If you are using server-side caching mechanisms like Varnish or Redis, there might be cached versions of your website that need to be cleared. Consult your hosting provider or system administrator to ensure cache purging is done correctly.

5. SEO considerations: Keep in mind that search engines sometimes generate their own titles based on the content of your webpage. Even if you have set a specific title tag, search engine algorithms may choose a different title to display in search results.

Title is what usually is displayed in the tab bar of your browser, or as text in your window switcher in your operating system. It does not show up inside your webpage. Your markup seems to be correct, just look for the title in the browser window. <h1>Title here</h1>.
  •  

saravanan28

Title is what usually is displayed in the tab bar of your browser, or as text in your window switcher in your operating system. It does not show up inside your webpage. Your markup seems to be correct, just look for the title in the browser window. <h1>Title here</h1>.
  •  

Lishmalinyjames