Backlinks

Started by mr2299muslim, 12-07-2017, 20:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mr2299muslimTopic starter

I wanted to clear my concept of what backlinks are, as far as I can understand you have to post your article link
on authority websites, social sharing and post it on forums, now what i want to understand are 2-3 things

1. If a competitor website has an xyz forum as a backlink, is it as simple as me creating an account and posting
my link of the article in hot topic forums? I dont understand why people would click on my website from there

2. Do i have to go nd post my links each and every time i post on website to that same backlink?

3. Do i like just post the link of the website as it is, or should i make it as an anchor text, what difference does it make?
  •  

berto

1. When your competitor's website has a backlink from an XYZ forum, it doesn't necessarily mean that you can create an account and start posting your article link on the same forum. Simply posting links without adding value to the forum discussions may not lead to clicks or engagement. People are unlikely to click on your website if they feel that you are just promoting without contributing meaningfully to the community. Instead, focus on actively participating in relevant discussions, offering valuable insights, and then occasionally sharing your content when it genuinely adds value to the conversation.

2. You don't necessarily have to post your link every time you contribute to a forum or website with the same backlink. It's more important to focus on quality over quantity. If your contribution to the website or forum is valuable and relevant, there's no harm in occasionally sharing your link when it adds value to the discussion.

3. When posting a backlink, it's important to consider using anchor text rather than simply posting the link as it is. Anchor text is the clickable text in a hyperlink, and it provides context for both users and search engines. By using relevant anchor text, you can indicate to users and search engines what the linked content is about. However, it's essential to use anchor text naturally and in a way that enhances the user experience rather than solely for SEO purposes.
  •  

mr2299muslimTopic starter

Can u explain in detail i dont get it
  •  

richardmsmith

Backlinks are nothing but an "inbound links" or "incoming links," are created when one website links to another. Some of the people posting their link/s for the sake of backlinking signature for them are giving related information using signature links.

John - Smith

Quote from: mr2299muslim on 12-07-2017, 20:07:24
I wanted to clear my concept of what backlinks are, as far as I can understand you have to post your article link
on authority websites, social sharing and post it on forums, now what i want to understand are 2-3 things

1. If a competitor website has an xyz forum as a backlink, is it as simple as me creating an account and posting
my link of the article in hot topic forums? I dont understand why people would click on my website from there

if it's forum site, you can add a signature after a few posts. People will click on your link if they found your answer helpful or the service you provide maybe they are looking for!  you will get traffic if you post in the relevant category where the visitors are relevant to your service. if you post in any other category, chances are less that you will get traffic through that signature.

richardmsmith

Backlinks are incoming links to a webpage When a webpage links to any other page, it's called a backlink.
In the past, backlinks were the major metric for the ranking of a webpage. A page with a lot of backlinks tended to rank higher on all major search engines, including Google. This is still true to a large extent.

Neel Patel

OP is not asking about the definition. Read the thread carefully before you answer.  ::) ???

georgebell

Hi....
Backlinks are incoming links to a webpage. When a webpage links to any other page, it's called a backlink. In the past, backlinks were the major metric for the ranking of a webpage. A page with a lot of backlinks tended to rank higher on all major search engines, including Google.
Thanks....