Is domain redirection a good method for SEO?

Started by kamishah, 12-17-2017, 14:15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

kamishahTopic starter

I have a question and need suggestion from you guys. I've searched for my question on Google but don't get exact information what I need. Maybe I can't search perfectly.
Let me explain my confusion:
I've checked backlink profile of a website. He is not using his main domain while doing comment backlink. He put his another domain while doing comment backlink. The another domain redirect to the main domain.

Why he use another domain while doing comment backlink?
Is it helpful to get better rank on Google?

For example: My Main Domain = solutionfall.com
Another Domain= xyz.com (It redirect to solutionfall)
He just uses xyz.com while doing comment backlink.

Thank You so much
  •  

ORLOVA

To answer your question, its because building backlinks like he is doing is dangerous, The theroy is when google detect what he is doing he can remove the redirect leaving his money site free from penalty. Its still quite a dangerous activity although he may get away with it for a while, sooner or later he will get caught.

RH-Calvin

301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

Emmaballet20

Hi,

It's clear to understand, He is doing commenting for back links & doing redirect to his another website. I explain you.

You have a website and that website is penalized which is totally useless but you can't lose your old webstie repuation back linsk and all, So you need a new domain & old domain will be redirect on your new domain.

It means is your all back links, visitors & repurtion will be cover to your new domain.

Simi

:blank:Wow, it's "the trick".
I think for a long term, he will get caught.
Nice idea, but I'd rather spend time and effort to make good content, infographic..
If you want quick results, you can imitate him.

Yuga

Well, it depends, but in most cases, no. Redirects are not bad for SEO, but — as with so many things — only if you put them in place correctly. A bad implementation might cause all kinds of trouble, from loss of PageRank to loss of traffic. Redirecting pages is a must if you make any changes to your URLs