Can we learn SEO online ? Please read my full Query!

Started by bombaysagar, 01-31-2018, 22:54:48

Previous topic - Next topic

bombaysagarTopic starter

Hello Guys,
I have a question which is "Can we learn SEO online" ?
I am from Non IT / Computer background.
I am completely aware of Off Page Activities but, but not On Page.
And my boss says, you have to start handling your clients on your own including on page.
He says you wont understand unless you do it. And if you don't understand anything google it and figure it out on your own.

Is this the right way to learn SEO ?
  •  

organictextiles

Hi

There are various ways you can learn SEO online.

Checking out you tube videos, plenty of people can give you some of the basics for free.

Tonnes of blog posts online where people give some quite detailed info relating to SEO by doing a simple google search, (guessing you may have done a bit of this already)... the trouble is, you need to check the date of these posts, because tonnes of it is often outdated and there is also plenty of rubbish info floating around that won't do you any favours.

https://www.organictextiles.com/
  •  

fayeseom

That is true that one cannot learn unless one tries to.But there must be some basic knowledge about on-page seo before you start.You must learn a little html for that, not all of it will be necessary but having a basic idea would be good.

RH-Calvin

You can follow some good SEO blogs to learn more about on page techniques:

- SEO chat blog
- Moz blog
- Majestic blog
- Search engine journal
- Search engine genie

richardmsmith

Below are the sites for learning SEO online:
1. WEB-SAVVY-MARKETING: Web-Savvy Marketing is ideal for learning the fundamental concepts of SEO and how to implement them. This site combines online learning with the ability to access professionals who can train you in a one-on-one setting.
2. SEO 101: Her article offers practical solutions to fundamental problems any SEO layman would make. Before, starting your first SEO project make sure you take Jill's common sense advice to heart and put it into practice.
3. GOOGLE:
4. MOZ.COM:
Moz.com is an SEO management company that opened its doors in 2004 and now boast more than 37 thousand clients, with an interesting moniker called T.A.G.F.E.E.

naeviasseo

hello Bombaysagar,

Like someone else said earlier, there are several ways to learn SEO and the one your boss is telling you to do is one of them.
However everybody learns in their own way, I, for example, learn by reading it first (I am a very theoretical person)
I like to know all the in's and out's before applying it to the real world. You have to learn what your "perfect" way of learning is, once you know that, learning becomes a lot more easy for you.
On the subject of on-site SEO, there are a lot of high-quality blogs on, for example, MOZ.com, or majestic. That's the place to start.
Get a piece of paper and a pen (or a word document) and write down all the important things you read. (that's my way of doing things, my computer is full of word documents with notes I typed from blogs and youtube videos.

Hope this will help you out!
Naevias newbielink:https://www.naevias.com/seo-amsterdam/ [nonactive] Naevias Digital Marketing & SEO
  •  

hariandro

First You should be learn all On -Page SEO techniques & foe what purpose we are using that. For the learning period you to create one blogger account Post your content. Whatever you learn implement that techniques in your content.