Yext, worth it or not?

Started by Dixie, 02-01-2018, 13:09:49

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieTopic starter

So there is a lot of debate about business directories being worth it or not. I have always said yes it is worth it because no matter what, you get a citation out of it.

But here I am talking about entering your business for free.

Now I am talking about Yext. If you do not know what that is please dont answer. I am actually looking  for serious informative replies.
It is a 500 dollar service. Any of you using it? Did it actually help with the rankings?

SeoServicesKC

If you are a local business in a high competition market, I believe Yext to be worth it, just make sure all your new profiles/business listings get indexed by Google. You can check this by using "site:businessdirectory.com/myprofile" in Google. If a profile is not indexed by Google, you can request it to be indexed by the Submit to Index Tool in Google Search Console.
Owner of SEO Services KC in Kansas City, MO
SEO & Kansas City Digital Marketing Expert
  •  

AliceFowell89

Yext is a company that offers a service to manage business listings across multiple online directories, search engines, and social media platforms. Their service aims to ensure consistent and accurate information about your business is displayed across the internet.

While some business owners find value in using Yext, it's important to note that the impact on rankings may vary depending on various factors, including the competitiveness of your industry and the overall SEO strategy of your website. While having accurate and consistent business listings is generally considered good for local SEO, it's not a guarantee that using a service like Yext will directly improve your rankings.

Ultimately, the decision to use Yext or any similar service should be based on your specific business needs, budget, and understanding of the potential benefits it may offer. It's also worth doing your own research and considering other SEO strategies that could potentially help improve your rankings.

few additional points to consider:

1. Consistency and accuracy: One of the key advantages of using Yext or similar services is the ability to maintain consistent and accurate business information across various online directories. This can help improve your online presence and credibility.

2. Time-saving: Manually updating and managing multiple business listings on different platforms can be time-consuming. A service like Yext can streamline this process by allowing you to manage all your listings from a single dashboard, potentially saving you time and effort.

3. Local search visibility: Having accurate and up-to-date business information can improve your visibility in local search results. This can be particularly beneficial if you rely on local customers and want to increase your local search rankings.

4. Reputation management: Online directories often feature customer reviews and ratings. By managing your business listings effectively, you can monitor and respond to customer reviews, addressing any issues promptly and maintaining a positive reputation.

It's worth noting that while Yext offers a convenient way to manage business listings, there are other free or lower-cost alternatives available. Some business owners prefer to manually update their listings or use other online reputation management tools instead of investing in paid services like Yext. It ultimately depends on your specific needs, priorities, and budget.