Is this approach correct as per SEO

Started by rajnandhans, 02-15-2018, 06:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

rajnandhansTopic starter

Hi all,

One of my friends site is a Job Portal operating in two countries (India and USA) with same primary domain name.

For Example
www.xyx.com/us 
www.xyz.com/in

now my doubt is
1.should the /us and /in would repeat for all the pages like

www.xyz.com/us/about
www.xyz.com/in/about 

www.xyz.com/us/login 
www.xyx.com/in/login   

also for
www.xyz.com/us/java-jobs-in-arizona
www.xyz.com/in/java-jobs-in-new delhi

Is this process correct as per SEO ?

2. If above links are correct , while working on off page SEO will search engines differentiate between the links
submitted for US and India.

3. Out of your experience could you suggest would their be any problems which might occur in future
with this approach.

Please do clarify me on this ASAP.
  •  

JSImediaJS123

1. From an SEO perspective, it is recommended to use hreflang tags in the HTML of the web pages to indicate the language and regional targeting. This will help search engines understand that the content is intended for different language or regional audiences.

For example:
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en-us" href="http://www.xyz.com/us/about" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en-in" href="http://www.xyz.com/in/about" />

Using this approach, you can specify the language and region for each page, which helps search engines serve the correct version of the page to users based on their location and language preferences.

2. Yes, search engines will differentiate between the links submitted for the US and India if proper hreflang tags are used. This will ensure that users in each country are directed to the most relevant version of the page based on their location and language.

3. While this approach can work well for targeting multiple countries with the same primary domain, it's important to monitor the site for any issues related to geotargeting and language targeting. One potential problem could arise if the hreflang tags are not implemented correctly, leading to incorrect country or language targeting by search engines. Regular monitoring and testing can help identify and resolve any issues that may arise.