Rankings Dropped even when Traffic is increasing.

Started by bombaysagar, 03-12-2018, 01:19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

bombaysagarTopic starter

Hey guys,
I am working for a client who is into the business of Herbal Extracts. There's good increase in the number of traffic from Organic method. But rankings are dropped. Some keywords have come down to 42 from 143, while some keywords have gone upto 76 from 31. What could be the reason ?
What should i check ? How will Google Webmaster help me, what do i need to check there ? What do i do ?
I am fresher into SEO.
  •  

chrisnoblet3

First of all Don't panic. Your keyword ranking going to be okay. This is called ranking fluctuation, it happen to everyone. Ranking fluctuates based on effort of million of other websites trying to get top ranking on Search engine.

•  

Michealyardy

One way to increase your search traffic is by increasing your rankings. Another way is by increasing your click-through rate. If a search engine detects that your click-through rate is extremely low for the position you are ranking, it can easily drop your position as this tells the search engine that your listing isn't very relevant.

SeoServicesKC

We see this pretty often and sounds like normal keyword fluctuation, what you really want to focus on is which keywords they are on page 1 of Google (and especially in the top 3 positions on page 1). These keywords are where your organic traffic is going to come from, whereas a keyword that was on page 4 that dropped to page 8 really has no consequence.

If you are actively doing on-site optimization and off-site optimization for a website you will see these types of fluctuations, especially if they are several pages back on Google search results.
Owner of SEO Services KC in Kansas City, MO
SEO & Kansas City Digital Marketing Expert
  •  

kavyasharma561

A drop in rankings might be due to losing high quality links. Perhaps those websites or webpages disappeared, or the link to your website was removed.

varshakhemka

Google doesn't increase or decrease the ranking of any page after comparing to its visitors, hence visitors dosen't matter. Google work on their own algo and other scenarios to down/up the page ranking.   

Reasons of Google Ranking Drop

Manual or Algorithmic Penalty Rank Drop
You Got OutRanked by a Competitor
Your Site was Demoted due to On-page Issues
Your Site Dropped Because it is Losing Links
Google Just Updated Their Algorithm
Google Flux

These can affect the ranking of your website or blog or any page, so you need to do a deep analysis over all of the above given scenarios.
  •  

infosteve

Dropped in ranking and getting good traffic... Did you checked the traffic you're getting are from those pages on which keywords are dropped in ranking.. or you're getting from the other new keywords.

John - Smith

was that keyword stable on #31 position? and if yes, then for how many days or months? if it was stable then you dont need to be worried as it will be back to the position in few days and if it wasn't stable, then you have to do more Off page activites for specific that URL and Keywords in order to improve rankings!

The keyword ranking fluctuation is also known as google dancing.

Quote from: bombaysagar on 03-12-2018, 01:19:33
Hey guys,
I am working for a client who is into the business of Herbal Extracts. There's good increase in the number of traffic from Organic method. But rankings are dropped. Some keywords have come down to 42 from 143, while some keywords have gone upto 76 from 31. What could be the reason ?
What should i check ? How will Google Webmaster help me, what do i need to check there ? What do i do ?
I am fresher into SEO.

arihantdelhi

Keywords ranking does not based on traffic of website. There various way to get traffic but your organic traffic were increasing then case will suspicious. Do one thing check your backlinks report and remove spamming links which have spam score more then 6 number.
SEO Company India [nofollow] | Website Development [nofollow]
  •  

Registernuke

Quote from: bombaysagar on 03-12-2018, 01:19:33
Hey guys,

In response to your opening post, as others have stated the fluctuation can be attributed for a lot of things. For example one reason could be Algorithm changes. According to Moz's website, Google each year changes their Algorithm 500 too 600 times.

Another reason for the fluctuation is related to your Competitors. You cannot forget about your competitors who are constantly trying to achieve what your are trying to do, get visibly higher on the search engines. So it's a little of tug and war on a weekly basis.
Get on the web and Register a Website Domain
Create your very own Web Address with 24/7 tech support.
  •