Mobile Friendly Site V/S Responsive Site

Started by Gajender999, 03-20-2018, 00:42:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Gajender999Topic starter

Hi,

I am curious to know about mobile friendly site and responsive site. Here are my questions

1) What is the key differences between mobile friendly site and responsive site?

2) How to detect website is mobile friendly or responsive?

3) Which is better? mobile friendly or responsive?

Your answers will help me a lot to understand the things in a better way,

Thanks
Gajender Singh
  •  

SeoServicesKC

A mobile-friendly website is one that is designed to work the exact same way across devices. This means that nothing changes or is unusable on a computer or mobile device. Features like navigation drop-downs are limited, as they can be difficult to use on mobile. And no Flash animation is used. The website is literally the same across the board, with no usability concerns regardless of the device on which it is being viewed.

Key features of mobile-friendly:

Static content that doesn't change
Simplified navigation
Images display smaller
Not reliant on a mobile operating system to function properly

A responsive website is one that responds (or changes) based on the needs of the users and the device (mobile device in this example) that they're viewing it on. Here, text and images change from a three-column layout to a single column display. Unnecessary images are hidden so they don't interfere or compete with the more important information on the site's smaller display.

If you are on a computer, you can tell if a site is responsive by reducing your browser's window size from full screen down to very small. If the appearance of the text, images and menu change as you get smaller, the site is responsive.

Key features of responsive websites:

Dynamic content that changes
Navigation is condensed
Optimized images
Correct padding and spacing
Reliant on mobile operating systems to function
Owner of SEO Services KC in Kansas City, MO
SEO & Kansas City Digital Marketing Expert
  •