what do you think about Focus keyword on Title?

Started by venkatweetz, 04-07-2018, 09:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

venkatweetzTopic starter

Please tell me the pros and cons about the using the focus keyword on title tag & Meta description.

Relevancy or Exact match, which one should i prefer?

mvminfotech

If you don't use a focus keyword in your title, then your chance of ranking by this search query is reduced. This is especially true if all currently ranking URLs in the Google search engine results for this search term are allocated this keyword in their post titles, meta descriptions, and URLs.
keeping your target keyword (naturally) in your page title helps Google understand what the page is about. Avoid duplicating your target keyword throughout the page by utilising LSI.

damponting44

If focus keyword you mean targeted keyword then i would say use it in your title tag to increase title and page content relevancy. Use your secondary keywords on page content but make sure keyword density should not be more than 2-3% otherwise it may affect your ranking for keyword stuffing.

organictextiles

Hi

I think using a search term for which you want to rank in Google in the title is quite beneficial from a link-building perspective. It's common that people add anchor text in the title of a piece, which guarantees that links you acquire have a higher chance to have the targeted keywords in their anchors.

https://www.organictextiles.com/
  •  

richardmsmith

I think using a search term for which you want to rank in Google in the title is quite beneficial from a link-building perspective. It's common that people add anchor text in the title of a piece, which guarantees that links you acquire have a higher chance to have the targeted keywords in their anchors.