URGENT HELP: Increase in “404” pages on my site

Started by localflavourstours, 05-08-2018, 05:30:16

Previous topic - Next topic

localflavourstoursTopic starter

Recently my site got hаcked. They created lots of redirection to 3rd party website from my website. Google had let me know about this issue. So I cleaned up my site and also informed Google for review. Good News is that, Google has white-listed my site. But the problem I am facing now is with those links which they created are now redirecting to 404(not found) page generally as those spammy url doesn't exists into the site anymore.

But today I saw that there are 168 not found error from Webmaster tools> Crawl Errors> Not Found (Google as emailed me about this Increase in "404" pages on ...)

Can anyone please let me know what to do now or how to fix this?

I might not clear with my concern to some people so please ask me for any clarifications.

I've attached a screenshot which shows the spammy urls which they created and currently showing under Webmaster tools

damponting44

As you may be aware that 404 error mean Webpage not found error. Your site is showing multiple 404 errors means all your links for the webpages has been tempered or got cramped. The only solution for solving this checkout all the problematic link for those webpages and try to repair those.

susanburling

If you are using a CMS like Wordpress, you can easily redirect your 404-pages to another URL like homepage.

A plugin I use for that is "Quick Redirects". You can set to which URL the 404's need to go. When you have a lot of 404's, then I think it's the better option.

Another option, is to redirect each URL that leads to a 404 with a 301-redirect (so keep your link juice of your URL's) to another specific page of your choice. It can be done with the same plugin.

If you don't have a CMS, you can copy a piece of code into the .htacces-file on your root-server. You can definitely find that piece of code on Google.

Hope this information is useful to you.