If a website is hit by google broad core algorithm, how to over come it?

Started by Megan Wale, 05-31-2018, 06:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan WaleTopic starter

Hi all,

Being a passionate blogger and project manager I owe a website Techno-PM which offers free project management templates.
But recent google update broad core algorithm update has hit the website falling website traffic and loosing ranking. Please suggest things which I can do to recover it.
Megan Wale
Blogger and Project Manager @ Techno-PM.com
  •  

Michealyardy

Continue to monitor site performance via Google Analytics and Google Search Console to address any major fluctuations
Maintain SEO best practice tactics to mitigate risk from algorithm updates
Review site for any thin content pages to strengthen with high-quality content following Google's own style guide
Prepare for future organic search opportunities such as Voice Search, Featured Snippets, and Mobile-first

John - Smith

Hey,
Read this: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/core-algorithm-update/242425/

I hope you found this helpful.

Quote from: Megan Wale on 05-31-2018, 06:58:51
Hi all,

Being a passionate blogger and project manager I owe a website Techno-PM which offers free project management templates.
But recent google update broad core algorithm update has hit the website falling website traffic and loosing ranking. Please suggest things which I can do to recover it.

Sarah Wale

I have the same issue with my website. After September last week, my traffic drastically fell down.

I have to rewrite some articles and do some on page activities for this. Have you considered doing this? It might take some time but its worth to have patience.
Sarah
Blogger @ Techno-docs
  •  

Neel Patel

Quote from: Sarah Wale on 11-13-2018, 06:01:45
I have the same issue with my website. After September last week, my traffic drastically fell down.

I have to rewrite some articles and do some on page activities for this. Have you considered doing this? It might take some time but its worth to have patience.

Hey, follow the link shared by the user (John - Smith).
It will surely help you.  !-!

John - Smith

Hi all,

QuoteYou can't do anything if your site is losing ranking and traffic. just keep doing the good work you are doing already.
This is said by the experts in the blog I read on search engine journal or land!

rolandojob

It's can certainly be frustrating when a Google algorithm update causes a drop in your website's traffic. But by following a set of best practices, it's entirely possible to navigate these changes and regain your website's visibility and ranking. Here are some potential actions you could take:

Analyze the Situation: Try to get a better understanding of the changes that occurred. Check Google Analytics and Google Search Console for any notable alterations in user behavior such as increased bounce rate, decreased session duration, or reduced pages per session. Examine reports on organic search traffic and landing pages to figure out which pages have been most impacted.

Research the Algorithm Update: Google often enables updates to improve the quality of search results by, for instance, penalizing sites that it determines to be low-quality or emphasizing certain ranking factors. Try to understand what this particular broad core update emphasizes by reading industry analysis, following Google's own announcements, and considering how your website might have fallen short in these areas.

Improve User Experience (UX): Google's Page Experience Update, which came into effect in mid-2021, emphasizes providing a good user experience. Factors considered in UX include mobile-friendliness, safe browsing (no malware or deceptive content), HTTPS, no intrusive interstitials (pop-ups that interfere with content access), and core web vitals (loading, interactivity, visual stability).

Boost Content Quality: Content is a crucial factor Google considers when ranking sites. Check your Google Search Console to identify any lower-performing pages and revisit their content. Update and improve the quality, relevancy, and usefulness of your content based on the needs and interests of your audience. Enhance it with visuals, infographics, relevant statistics, videos, and anything that adds value.

On-Page SEO Optimization: Optimize all of your content for relevant search keywords. Pay attention to title tags, meta descriptions, headers, and URL structure. Make sure your keywords are used naturally and meaningfully in the content, and avoid any form of keyword stuffing.

Technical SEO: Ensure that your website performs well technically - review your website's layout and architecture. Check sitemaps, crawl errors, broken links, page speed issues, and mobile compatibility. Resolve any issues you find.

Quality Backlinks: Quality link-building remains a highly effective SEO tactic. Promote your site in a way that encourages influential, high-authority websites to link to your pages, increasing your site's credibility and visibility.

Keep a Close Eye on Metrics: Monitor your website's performance regularly to understand the impact of the changes you make, and further improve. Set up monitoring for keyword rankings, organic traffic, click-through rates, and conversion rates.

Seek Professional Help: If you're unable to find the cause or resolve the issues by yourself, it might be a good idea to seek help from a SEO consultant or digital marketing agency who understands the complexities of Google's updates and can provide personalized advice.

Schema Markup: Schema markup, or structured data, can make your website's pages appear more prominently in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). This can include things such as rich snippets or more detailed search results that contain images, reviews, or specific information about your templates.

Switch to Long-form content: Google's broad core algorithm update tends to lean towards favoring in-depth, long-form content. This does not mean your content should be lengthy without reason, but when expounding on specific topics, ensure it is comprehensive, offers unique insights, and covers a broad spectrum of the topic at hand.

E-A-T Principle: Google is giving more emphasis to the E-A-T principle, which stands for Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness. Google wants to make experts' content more accessible to users. So, creating high-quality, reliable and credible content, enhancing your brand's authority, and establishing trust should be a priority.

Analyze Competitor Websites: Review websites that have improved rankings after the latest algorithm update. What are they doing differently? Can you see any trends between these sites? Analyzing competitor websites that are performing well can help you identify beneficial changes you might need to make.

Mobile-First Indexing: Test your site on mobile devices to ensure it is fully responsive, easily navigable, and the content is the same as that on desktop. Google is using the mobile version of the web as their primary search engine index.

Local SEO: If your brand serves specific localities, make sure your website is optimized for local searches. This involves having your location details correctly listed on Google My Business and other online directories, and optimizing for local keywords.

Remember, if your site's traffic has recently fallen, it might not be directly related to the update. Search engine traffic can fluctuate for many reasons. It is essential to keep abreast of Google's changes and make sure your website aligns with their guidelines while delivering high-quality content and excellent UX. In any case, making sure your website is following SEO best practices and provides excellent content is an excellent way to maintain performance through Google's updates.

riyaa_rp

Hi all,

Hey Megan
As you said that recent Google update broad core algorithm update has hit your website, but let me inform you that broad core update affected almost every niche and they all see the difference in traffic and ranking.

In the article over SEJ/SEL, they stated that if your site is affected you can do nothing but just relax and keep doing quality work with patience. So I advise you to keep doing Off-page activities properly and you can take advice from an expert if there is any in your circle. and I think now your websites traffic and ranking should be back to normal! isn't it?